Tough day for EIU hoops hopes

Brodie0

Apr 1, 2020
Frank was on an Iowa podcast recently and made it sound like if it looks unlikely that there will be a normal basketball season (i.e. some sort of non-conference season, full conference season and NCAA Tournament), Luka will go pro. That’s the right decision IMO.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Newell didn’t have an offer from Iowa - 2 of the 3 major recruiting services show no offer. And you are correct that Goodson did not have an offer from Michigan - Harbaugh met with Goodson in person and asked if he would be interested in Michigan, and Goodson said no. Good effort though.
I bet those major recruiting services show that Brock Purdy had an Alabama offer.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Newell didn’t have an offer from Iowa - 2 of the 3 major recruiting services show no offer. And you are correct that Goodson did not have an offer from Michigan - Harbaugh met with Goodson in person and asked if he would be interested in Michigan, and Goodson said no. Good effort though.

Kirk loses sleep over missing on Newell and Downing

Last edited:

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.

Maybe it’s like those double secret offers that the hawkeye players get.

cycloner29

Dec 17, 2008
Ames

You are the bowel of the human gastrointestinal system.

Reactions: BCClone

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Frank was on an Iowa podcast recently and made it sound like if it looks unlikely that there will be a normal basketball season (i.e. some sort of non-conference season, full conference season and NCAA Tournament), Luka will go pro. That’s the right decision IMO.
Wow really? With the current state of college athletics I think it's probably the right decision as well. If there's a possibility CBB doesn't happen (which there is at the moment), Luka needs to go get paid in some capacity. Coming back for a season that might not even matter would be counter productive for his career.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
If Hinson and Harris don't get waivers, 9th in the Big 12 could be a devastating possibility. Personally I think we'd get 7th, but who knows what these freshman are going to bring to the table nor how good Johnson and JCL are going to play.

Is he asking what we think of someone predicting us as 8/9 in the conference? I would say with the amount of transfers we have that don’t know if they eligible or not,a poor record last year, and the COVID situation killing team time to create cohesion, it is pretty spot on. I think you would have to be an idiot to be surprised. I take it the OP of the article is surprised

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Is he asking what we think of someone predicting us as 8/9 in the conference? I would say with the amount of transfers we have that don’t know if they eligible or not,a poor record last year, and the COVID situation killing team time to create cohesion, it is pretty spot on. I think you would have to be an idiot to be surprised. I take it the OP of the article is surprised
Yeah it's not a bad prediction with all of the uncertainty.