Tough day for EIU hoops hopes

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis
I'm hearing Iowa is on a grad transfer PG that is arguably worse than Connor

One way to get hok fans to stop complaining about Fran not exploring the Transfer market is for him to take one who fails. They will never pine for a GT again. Added bonus, they will be asking for Connor Mac to play above the yet to be named sacrificial GT. Much like Fran taking Dickerson from JC and cutting ties with him after a year, Iowa doesn't need the Jr. College market from then on.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
One way to get hok fans to stop complaining about Fran not exploring the Transfer market is for him to take one who fails. They will never pine for a GT again. Added bonus, they will be asking for Connor Mac to play above the yet to be named sacrificial GT. Much like Fran taking Dickerson from JC and cutting ties with him after a year, Iowa doesn't need the Jr. College market from then on.

I guarantee Kakert has never even heard of the kid but I'm told he's visiting next weekend and New Mexico State is the top competition.

Bakari Evelyn. You're welcome Hawk lurkers for that

Messi

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 25, 2011
Cedar Rapids
I guarantee Kakert has never even heard of the kid but I'm told he's visiting next weekend and New Mexico State is the top competition.

Bakari Evelyn. You're welcome Hawk lurkers for that

Seems like a Jeff Beverly or Hans Brase level talent. And much like ISU in 2017-18 if they have to rely on this kid for serious contributions it’s going to be a long year

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Seems like a Jeff Beverly or Hans Brase level talent. And much like ISU in 2017-18 if they have to rely on this kid for serious contributions it’s going to be a long year

Beverly averaged 15 ppg at his previous stop at least. This guys numbers are awful

Cyched

CF Influencer
May 8, 2009
Denver, CO

I got you fam

OIc8DRk.gif

Messi

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 25, 2011
Cedar Rapids
Beverly averaged 15 ppg at his previous stop at least. This guys numbers are awful
True and other high majors wanted Beverly. That was just a whiff overall.

Idgaf what Iowa does but if Fran had half a brain in his head he’d be all over
Jimmy Whitt
Curtis Jones
Ryan Woolridge

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny

Jimmy Whitt
Curtis Jones
Ryan Woolridge

Yeah I heard it's New Mexico State and Portland State as the two other schools he's going to visit or already visited outside of Iowa

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis

Jimmy Whitt
Curtis Jones
Ryan Woolridge

He's known about Moss and Bohannon for 6+weeks and not made serious runs at any available GT guards. Those three would expect to come in as starters and play major minutes over Connor... That's not what Fran is looking for.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
He's known about Moss and Bohannon for 6+weeks and not made serious runs at any available GT guards. Those three would expect to come in as starters and play major minutes over Connor... That's not what Fran is looking for.

Yep this Valpo kid would be a perfect 5-10 mpg backup guard which is exactly what Fran wants

Reactions: Messi

CyDude16

Oct 2, 2008
Heads in the sky
I’m finding it actually pretty amusing Hawkeye fans are claiming billy Taylor is a good hire. Some fans certainly have an interesting definition of successful when describing him.

CyDude16

Oct 2, 2008
Heads in the sky

I’d be pretty upset with the hire if I was an Iowa fan. He’s a yes man, and his head coaching success is far from that. One 20 win season at Lehigh. One at whatever level of school Belmont Abbey. One 19 win season at Ball State. Overall record of 214-210.

CySmurf

Jul 14, 2011
Jay Bilas take on Billy Taylor:
"Has resiliency to withstand Fran's outburst both on and off the court without mentally breaking down. Lacks speed and strength to come off the bench and stop Coach McCaffery from attacking an official. Will have to rely on other coaches while he works on that part of his game. Has shown the ability of being equally mediocre as the head coach so as not to create issues with him. Can help with recruiting by driving the car to prospective recruits locations...must drive in the state of Iowa, so this shouldn't be an issue. Also has been injury prone with being hit by wayward chairs, clipboards and tossed walk-ons."

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
Jay Bilas take on Billy Taylor:
"Has resiliency to withstand Fran's outburst both on and off the court without mentally breaking down. Lacks speed and strength to come off the bench and stop Coach McCaffery from attacking an official. Will have to rely on other coaches while he works on that part of his game. Has shown the ability of being equally mediocre as the head coach so as not to create issues with him. Can help with recruiting by driving the car to prospective recruits locations...must drive in the state of Iowa, so this shouldn't be an issue. Also has been injury prone with being hit by wayward chairs, clipboards and tossed walk-ons."
There's no way that's real.

• Informative
Reactions: 83cy