Tough day for EIU hoops hopes

adjl

Jun 13, 2019
Yes he did, dont be ridiculous.
whatever you need to tell yourself to sleep at night. If you took an anonymous survey of coaches and broadcasters and asked them who the better coach was, 100 out of 100 would say CSP is SIGNIFICANTLY better than Fran.

• Funny
Reactions: HawkJRP

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
I can't believe nobody is discussing Connor's disgusting display of human behavior last night. That guy is a viper on the court. He flickered his forked tongue at an Indiana player after CONNOR fouled HIM. He got right in his face, made a little contact that the ref missed, probably made a your momma so fat joke, and got the Indiana player riled up enough to earn a tech. The dude is here to brawl, not ball. He has to play this psychological mind game with the opponent because he isn't talented enough to actually compete fairly. Fortunately, Daddy saved the day with a dumb tech of his own.

The McCaffrey's are a disgrace to our great state.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Yes he did, dont be ridiculous.
I think it's ridiculous to say that Prohm was out coached in that game lol. Iowa's just a much better team than Iowa State this year for a variety of reasons and that was showed on the court.

HawkJRP

Dec 27, 2019
I can't believe nobody is discussing Connor's disgusting display of human behavior last night. That guy is a viper on the court. He flickered his forked tongue at an Indiana player after CONNOR fouled HIM. He got right in his face, made a little contact that the ref missed, probably made a your momma so fat joke, and got the Indiana player riled up enough to earn a tech. The dude is here to brawl, not ball. He has to play this psychological mind game with the opponent because he isn't talented enough to actually compete fairly. Fortunately, Daddy saved the day with a dumb tech of his own.

This is decent work. Its a little long to be considered great but its good.

HawkJRP

Dec 27, 2019
I think it's ridiculous to say that Prohm was out coached in that game lol. Iowa's just a much better team than Iowa State this year for a variety of reasons and that was showed on the court.

So if the other team has more talent you cant get out coached.....got it.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019

I don't know what half of this means lol, but Connor is the definition of a fake tough guy. He flails himself, flops, and tries to pick fights that he never finishes. His ego is ginormous compared to his ability. The apple did not fall far from the tree at all.

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
I don't know what half of this means lol, but Connor is the definition of a fake tough guy. He flails himself, flops, and tries to pick fights that he never finishes. His ego is ginormous compared to his ability. The apple did not fall far from the tree at all.
It is sad to see. I think he's worse than Dad. Whenever there is a dust up on the court or in the hand shake line, he is always front and center of it. I don't know how Iowa fans deal with this. Turn a blind eye to it as long as Garza is around to save the day, I guess.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
So if the other team has more talent you cant get out coached.....got it.
So many different things go into games and it's a lot more complex than simply boiling it down to one coach out coaching the other. The issues Iowa State had in the Iowa game are the exact same issues we've had essentially every single game all year long. That game wasn't decided by an exploited matchup or a defensive scheme. Iowa didn't confuse us or knock us off our game plan. They were simply better. If you wanted to say Fran has done a better job than Steve this year, you'd be right. But to say Fran flat out out coached Prohm wouldn't be accurate.

• Disagree
Reactions: HawkJRP

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
It is sad to see. I think he's worse than Dad. Whenever there is a dust up on the court or in the hand shake line, he is always front and center of it. I don't know how Iowa fans deal with this. Turn a blind eye to it as long as Garza is around to save the day, I guess.
Iowa fans have dealt with it because they've been winning. I know tons of Iowa fans who hate Connor's attitude and antics. I also know his teammates only put up with him because his dad is the coach.

• Creative
  • Agree
Reactions: breck53 and CyTwins

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
So many different things go into games and it's a lot more complex than simply boiling it down to one coach out coaching the other. The issues Iowa State had in the Iowa game are the exact same issues we've had essentially every single game all year long. That game wasn't decided by an exploited matchup or a defensive scheme. Iowa didn't confuse us or knock us off our game plan. They were simply better. If you wanted to say Fran has done a better job than Steve this year, you'd be right. But to say Fran flat out out coached Prohm wouldn't be accurate.
Iowa State missed open shots. Iowa made theirs. Offensively, Fran had Iowa rolling on all cylinders and nothing Steve tried to do to stop them was working. But he hasn't been able to stop anyone all year, so...
I won't say Iowa "got lucky" by any means, but the lid was tight for ISU that night. They had good looks all game long.

Last edited:
  • Funny
Reactions: breck53