cytor

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 20, 2011
giphy.gif
Absolutely.

Cyclone.TV

Sep 3, 2016
Graded out Iowa's basketball class with two B+'s, a B and the Murray twins as a B-

I mean does he think he will be fired if he tells the truth or is he that stupid?

I think they used to give out US for unsatisfactory. I’d grade it as that.

Acylum

Nov 18, 2006
Graded out Iowa's basketball class with two B+'s, a B and the Murray twins as a B-
Who does the grading? The same guys who automatically put a crystal ball in for everybody Fran is recruiting?

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Problem solved everybody!

A near capacity CHA rocks but the issue is it’s hard to reach full capacity on a regular basis and it’s an ‘arena’ not a basketball venue.
The best move is to scrap CHA and build a reasonable 10K Fieldhouse with two decks, and decks that extend to the court on all 4 sides. The sight lines can be tight. The students occupy both ends but are up against the court not 50 feet away. What so many lose sight of is the number of seats is a bragging right only. It’s the venues ability to contain noise and make an atmosphere even under less than capacity crowds that counts most to recruits.
I’d find a strategic spot that’s either:
1. On the true campus for easy student access
OR
2. In a location conducive to fun like downtown PED mall area where it can be surrounded by existing bars & restaurants
OR
3. In a growing area with lots of space now with ability to be zoned for entertainment around it like somewhere out by the 80-380 corridor.
Build it and they will come and we will win much more. Problem solved.

https://iowa.forums.rivals.com/threads/carver-ticket-season-ticket-holders.292558/#post-7079646

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
I love all of the "Well you know, Aaron White/Frank Kamisky/Jimmer Fredette all started out very unheralded, but look how they turned out!" I just want to grab those folks by the shoulders and scream "Hope is not a strategy!" at them over and over again until their tiny, underutilized little brains liquify and run out of their ears.

This is a power 5 team, FFS! Year 10 of a coaching regime shouldn't be bringing in 5 wing and a prayer players! If their recruiting class was a racehorse, it would have been euthanized already.

Stewo

Oct 29, 2008
Iowa

A near capacity CHA rocks but the issue is it’s hard to reach full capacity on a regular basis and it’s an ‘arena’ not a basketball venue.
The best move is to scrap CHA and build a reasonable 10K Fieldhouse with two decks, and decks that extend to the court on all 4 sides. The sight lines can be tight. The students occupy both ends but are up against the court not 50 feet away. What so many lose sight of is the number of seats is a bragging right only. It’s the venues ability to contain noise and make an atmosphere even under less than capacity crowds that counts most to recruits.
OR
2. In a location conducive to fun like downtown PED mall area where it can be surrounded by existing bars & restaurants
OR
3. In a growing area with lots of space now with ability to be zoned for entertainment around it like somewhere out by the 80-380 corridor.

https://iowa.forums.rivals.com/threads/carver-ticket-season-ticket-holders.292558/#post-7079646

That's right focus on and attack the symptoms and not the root cause of crappy basketball.

Cyclone.TV

Sep 3, 2016

OR
OR

I mean they def need a new venue cuz carver is awful, but I don’t think that is the answer.

cytor

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 20, 2011

OR
OR

I agree they need a new arena for BB. I also agree to locate it better. However, I think a 10k capacity is a bit optimistic. If they want a packed house, I would shoot for 3 to 4k. That also might get rid of the free pizza promo to save them $.

Prone2Clone

Oct 20, 2006
I love all of the "Well you know, Aaron White/Frank Kamisky/Jimmer Fredette all started out very unheralded, but look how they turned out!" I just want to grab those folks by the shoulders and scream "Hope is not a strategy!" at them over and over again until their tiny, underutilized little brains liquify and run out of their ears.

This is a power 5 team, FFS! Year 10 of a coaching regime shouldn't be bringing in 5 wing and a prayer players! If their recruiting class was a racehorse, it would have been euthanized already.
6436a9f5b38575b7ac5e1f9cec6a8af0.jpeg

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN

OR
OR

Or they could put in a bid for Baylor's tarp. Since Baylor downsized their football stadium they don't have (as much) use for it anymore.

EDIT: CY88 beat me to it.

Reactions: CY88CE11

Prone2Clone

Oct 20, 2006
“It’s a nice community," Ogundele said after his official visit last month.. "It was very together. I love how the fans are together and everybody supports the Hawkeyes because there is no professional team. The football and basketball team are the professional teams. I like the bond that the team has especially like how they play together. In practice, everyone holds each other accountable, and not in a negative way.
BB_OlS2CQAAGOli.jpg

MeanDean

SuperFanatic
Jan 5, 2009
Blue Grass IA-Jensen Beach FL

This is a power 5 team, FFS! Year 10 of a coaching regime shouldn't be bringing in 5 wing and a prayer players! If their recruiting class was a racehorse, it would have been glue already.
FIFY

Reactions: VeloClone

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013

Aaron White was good at running into defenders and shooting free throws and that's about it...

• Agree
Reactions: Cy4Lifer and Rural

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
I don’t understand the CHA hate. It just needs a parking lot and a little redo of the traffic situation and it’s fine. It’s pretty close to the Coralville strip. No one complains that Kinnick is on the West side of the river. The coach just sucks and the team is all over the map.

• Agree
Reactions: heitclone

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
I don’t understand the CHA hate. It just needs a parking lot and a little redo of the traffic situation and it’s fine. It’s pretty close to the Coralville strip. No one complains that Kinnick is on the West side of the river. The coach just sucks and the team is all over the map.
I'm actually not a fan of how Carver looks on the outside or feels on the inside. It honestly looks like a university building from the road and because it's built down into the ground, you have to walk a mile up and down the stairs when trying to get to your seat, go to the bathroom or go to the concessions stand.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Think about Hilton's setup. A concession ring, a concourse ring, then a smaller ring above the concourse ring with numerous stairwells. It's perfect for minimizing congestion in there.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron