Tough day for EIU hoops hopes

• Fanatics -

Thank you for your patience today and welcome to the newest version of Cyclone Fanatic!

Most of the changes we have made are very simple, but will greatly improve your user experience while visiting the website.

We have upgraded our forum software to speed things up. Our homepage is much cleaner and should be even more mobile friendly than before.

We appreciate your loyalty and are committed to not only keeping Cyclone Fanatic in tip-top shape, but continuing to build this community for the next decade and beyond.

We ask that if you are experiences any glitches to let us know in this thread . Will will be diligently working on the site all day.

Thanks again.

Chris Williams - Publisher

CycloneVet

Jul 17, 2011
Cedar Falls
I’ll repeat what I said last night.

there was a whole lot of reality that crashed down on their fan base last night.

just like with the year after Jok, they somehow convinced themselves that the fact that cook, and bohannon were the only guys you had to gameplan against, which made everyone else’s lives easier.
Most of their fans really have a blinded view of how college basketball works and don’t understand the game very well. Guards control the game at this level and the slow lumbering big guys are dinosaurs, and I’m not talking the fast ones. You need athleticism and length. Kids nowadays want to play wide open. You have to be positionless and have the ability to successfully switch on defense. You also want to limit liabilities on the court like JorBo. Sure he shoots it well but he doesn’t play defense, doesn’t handle well, doesn’t rebound and basically is a liability out there. For what he gets offensively he gives it up in other aspects.

LarryISU

Feb 10, 2013
Omaha
I heard the Hawkeye announcers during their first game say that JorBo has to play in 10 games and then sit out the rest of the year to get his medical redshirt. Amazingly, their 10th game of the season is at Ames! So, I guess the plan is in place.

Cyballzz

Feb 1, 2010
I heard the Hawkeye announcers during their first game say that JorBo has to play in 10 games and then sit out the rest of the year to get his medical redshirt. Amazingly, their 10th game of the season is at Ames! So, I guess the plan is in place.
I think we are actually game #11 for them this year. They should have a second game in Vegas.

Cyballzz

Feb 1, 2010
Correct. That is why he is going to sit out game(s) before the CyHawk game so he can play in that before shutting it down.
They are doing him such a disservice if that is the plan. I know the rule is 30% but one could argue playing him more then 8 games is playing with fire. Iowa of all places should know you don't take medical hardship waivers as slam dunks.

dahliaclone

Mar 4, 2007
Minneapolis
I actually thought it was nine games but maybe it's ten

CTTB78

Apr 7, 2006
  • Agree
Reactions: NWICY and Drew0311

Clonehomer

Apr 11, 2006
They are doing him such a disservice if that is the plan. I know the rule is 30% but one could argue playing him more then 8 games is playing with fire. Iowa of all places should know you don't take medical hardship waivers as slam dunks.
I thought it was a standard redshirt, not a medical. Basically the 10 games is equivalent to the football 4 game rule for redshirts.