Tough day for EIU hoops hopes

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
He's a good coach. Iowa is definitely his Super Bowl every year and he does a good job coaching against us. Nipping at KF's heels. Congrats.
He must be coaching pretty well against the rest of the division if he wins it with games, yes plural, to play.
LOL, great try tho.

Reactions: CyTwins

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
I finally know what it is like to be dismissive of a team you play. Losing to Iowa doesn't even faze me anymore. I'd like to win, but like clockwork, we always end up having the better season. It's mind-boggling that NOT ONCE has Iowa had an obviously better season than we've had since Mad Fran arrived. Even a coaching change didn't matter.

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
Pretty sure it was Bobo who ran off the court last year holding up a #1 finger after that debacle.

No shortage of TOE players running around the field all pumped up after the football game in IC last year.

clonefreek

Jun 24, 2009
ames
No way we lose to them this year in Hilton, right....I mean, not even Country House-type longshot for this matchup.
bbbbbbuwhhhahahahahhaha
Not sure what people see in this upcoming iowa state team, they lose a ton and I dont see many guys making huge jumps in improvement. I could be wrong and I hope I am, I just dont see nixon being able to carry this team to the promise land.

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006
A ND transfer picked Vanderbilt over them and, shockingly, the Hausers said thanks, but no thanks.

MadFran promised to go hard for transfers this spring. Must not have much to sell.

I thought for sure you were just going to post "Because it's a day ending in "Y".
Color me disappointed.

• Useful
Reactions: KCy

Stewo

Oct 29, 2008
Iowa
Not sure what people see in this upcoming iowa state team, they lose a ton and I dont see many guys making huge jumps in improvement. I could be wrong and I hope I am, I just dont see nixon being able to carry this team to the promise land.

From where I sit, you get Solo back, which is huge. He'd been working on his outside game before having to shut it down last year. Him and Jacobson should be able to work well together on the floor at the same time as needed. I think the pieces are there. There's a good amount of inexperience, but we also have the trip to Italy this summer. This is the best possible time for that to happen, as you get a handful more practices and bonding time that a traditional year doesn't allow. The cupboard is far from bare.

oldman

Nov 5, 2009
From where I sit, you get Solo back, which is huge. He'd been working on his outside game before having to shut it down last year. Him and Jacobson should be able to work well together on the floor at the same time as needed. I think the pieces are there. There's a good amount of inexperience, but we also have the trip to Italy this summer. This is the best possible time for that to happen, as you get a handful more practices and bonding time that a traditional year doesn't allow. The cupboard is far from bare.
I think Conditt will have a breakout year. Halliburton will have to shoot a bit more. And Griffin and Lewis will add some depth. We may see some freshmen step up too, much like last year.

chadly82

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 10, 2009
Absolutely my second favorite team to watch beat the Hoks.
I don't know, I kind of enjoy watching Purdont whoop up on them too. Since they play so many historically great teams in that division its tough to chose.

• Funny
Reactions: cyfan21

Remo Gaggi

Aug 28, 2018
One of their players got stabbed by a student in Cyclone Alley two years ago. He then had a serious injury last year and played against us. Just us. No one else. That day the Super Bowl argument was officially ended.
I assume the athletic department will be handing out commemorative game shivs to all of the students in cyclone alley. After the game is over, they will make great letter openers.

clonefreek

Jun 24, 2009
ames
Just dumb

Explain? What do you see? What proof do you have that I am wrong? Sorry I dont see a group of guys that averaged 6.8 pts a game in 33 minutes jumping to averaging 14 pts a game. I dont see guys that didnt play at all last year making a jump to the starting line up and lighting the world on fire. Solo is a what you see is what you get type of guy I dont think he jumps to averaging a double double like some of you guys think.

Cat Stevens

Mar 7, 2017
Explain? What do you see? What proof do you have that I am wrong? Sorry I dont see a group of guys that averaged 6.8 pts a game in 33 minutes jumping to averaging 14 pts a game. I dont see guys that didnt play at all last year making a jump to the starting line up and lighting the world on fire. Solo is a what you see is what you get type of guy I dont think he jumps to averaging a double double like some of you guys think.

Well, first it’s dumb because we don’t know what the roster will look like when the season starts.

Second, it’s dumb because you have no idea how players improve during the off season.

Third, it’s dumb because you’re agenda precedes you here.