Tough day for EIU hoops hopes

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
Will it be a tough day for EIU basketball?
NBA decision day is here and no word on Sandfort's lean as he has his final workout for the Jazz. Sandfort to the Jazz does seem like a fit too...
That reminds me of this line from the movie Baseketball.

296a8fe4-7401-471b-bcfb-34793c797e14_text.gif

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
He isn’t an NBA player now and never will be IMO. Will have to go overseas.
These are facts, however this years draft class provides a unique opportunity. You could probably categorize more than half the players in this years class under "isn't an NBA player now and never will be". That shouldn't stop him from trying IMO, even when it doesn't work out at least you'll be able to tell your grandkids you got drafted by an NBA franchise. Joe Wieskamp, Luka Garza, and Aaron White certainly have had decent pro careers despite the NBA not really being in the cards at the end of the day.

iahawks

Sep 7, 2012
These are facts, however this years draft class provides a unique opportunity. You could probably categorize more than half the players in this years class under "isn't an NBA player now and never will be". That shouldn't stop him from trying IMO, even when it doesn't work out at least you'll be able to tell your grandkids you got drafted by an NBA franchise. Joe Wieskamp, Luka Garza, and Aaron White certainly have had decent pro careers despite the NBA not really being in the cards at the end of the day.
Most draft classes probably have a lot of players get drafted that will never be NBA players. Only so many spots available.

• Agree
Reactions: Cyinthenorth

GoHawks

Jul 12, 2009
I don't think Luka belongs in that group. I think he'll be a bench guy in NBA for several years

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
I don't think Luka belongs in that group. I think he'll be a bench guy in NBA for several years
Maybe, but I don't know what we've seen so far to make you believe that, other than sheer homerism. He looks trimmer now and more lean, but I still think he is a junk time baller at most. It's been a 3 year sample size. Europe is calling Luka home.

• Agree
Reactions: dafarmer and CyNews

GoHawks

Jul 12, 2009
Maybe, but I don't know what we've seen so far to make you believe that, other than sheer homerism. He looks trimmer now and more lean, but I still think he is a junk time baller at most. It's been a 3 year sample size. Europe is calling Luka home.
I think he's going to be a end of bench type player for 8-10 years. Play a little bit but not a ton. Will set good example for younger players and just kinda hang around the league. Europe he would definitely get more run but being on the bench of an NBA team is a better lifestyle. His career will be similar to a guy like Brian Cardinal's I believe.

• Haha
Reactions: CycloneVet

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
I think he's going to be a end of bench type player for 8-10 years. Play a little bit but not a ton. Will set good example for younger players and just kinda hang around the league. Europe he would definitely get more run but being on the bench of an NBA team is a better lifestyle. His career will be similar to a guy like Brian Cardinal's I believe.
What is the NBA league minimum? Will he settle for that over what his earning potential could be as a potential star in a European league? Doesn't seem like Frank would approve.

Billups06

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 18, 2006
What is the NBA league minimum? Will he settle for that over what his earning potential could be as a potential star in a European league? Doesn't seem like Frank would approve.

He'll be a free agent as of June 29. Looks to make a little over $1M next year (remaining contract he signed with Pistons), assuming he isn't put on a two-way contract at any time next year (which happened this year).

cyclone82

Sep 22, 2022
Well sandlot ain’t that good….. so no surprise he dropped… Sukeyes aren’t much either way with or without him

• Dumb
Reactions: Cydkar

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
Well sandlot ain’t that good….. so no surprise he dropped… Sukeyes aren’t much either way with or without him
Has he announced yet? Unless I missed it, I don't think he has.

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
The fact that he hasn't announced yet makes me think he is trying to find a reason to stay in the draft which seems insane at this point.

• Agree
Reactions: Acylum

Drew0311

Nov 7, 2019
Norwalk, Iowa
The fact that he hasn't announced yet makes me think he is trying to find a reason to stay in the draft which seems insane at this point.
If he has already graduated it's not that insane. He might just be done with College ball and will take a shot oversea if the NBA thing does not work (It won't). He could still make good money just not in the nba. He could also come back to Iowa and try and get his team to a 500 or so record this season

• Agree
Reactions: Cyclonepride

qwerty

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 3, 2020
Muscatine, IA
If he has already graduated it's not that insane. He might just be done with College ball and will take a shot oversea if the NBA thing does not work (It won't). He could still make good money just not in the nba. He could also come back to Iowa and try and get his team to a 500 or so record this season, while drawing the ire of Hawk fans because the team still sucks.
finished it for you.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron