Tough day for EIU hoops hopes

• Presidential Race Discussion - Please make sure to keep all discussion within the "Politics Forum" in order to keep the main forums civil and politics-free.
    You can opt-in to the Political Forum in your user settings - note that the change may take up to 2 hours to process.

MeanDean

SuperFanatic
Jan 5, 2009
Blue Grass IA-Jensen Beach FL
There it is ….. another backhanded compliment from GD sukeye. “ Should be a solid 2 seed” …. My gawd man just go away you are a douche. We’ve been a 2 for a couple weeks … , could be a 1
You took the bait. Should have just congratulated him on the Hoks NIT invite. Then suggest they'll probably get a first round home game with the electric atmosphere at the Carver library and knitting center.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
You took the bait. Should have just congratulated him on the Hoks NIT invite. Then suggest they'll probably get a first round home game with the electric atmosphere at the Carver library and knitting center.

They don't care about men's basketball....

...this year...

• Haha
Reactions: pourcyne

pourcyne

Feb 19, 2011
  • Love
Reactions: Kaner04

MeanDean

SuperFanatic
Jan 5, 2009
  • Haha
Reactions: pourcyne

MeanDean

SuperFanatic
Jan 5, 2009
Insecure much? Don’t know how you could take anything from my post as a backhanded compliment. Lol
Because if you paid any attention to this board or the national CBB media since last night you'd know there's serious talk about a possible 1 seed.

Leaving that out is either ignorance or a troll job.

Knowing hokdom, it will always be assumed to be troll

Clonehomer

Apr 11, 2006
EIU has become a women's basketball school, forget about the men. Let's talk about all the records CC is setting.

For the next few weeks. If they aren’t good next year, WBB won’t matter. They are band wagon fans. They’ve always been band wagon fans. When they’re good in a sport, they’re right there pushing it in everyone’s face. When they’re not good, they were never a fan in the first place.

As an example, how much did you hear about Iowa wrestling this year? A couple years ago, Iowa fans couldn’t wait to talk to anyone about college wrestling. You’d see Hawkeye wrestling stickers all over cars and tons of shirts around town. It’s non-existent now.

pourcyne

Feb 19, 2011
I just watched that and...wow....just...wow.

I hope they paid him a lot for that. Even just that ridiculous coat is something I wouldn't wear for less than $1,500.

He won't disclose how much he got. I'm thinking it was free refills on Mt. Dew for life.

twincyties

Dec 12, 2009
For the next few weeks. If they aren’t good next year, WBB won’t matter. They are band wagon fans. They’ve always been band wagon fans. When they’re good in a sport, they’re right there pushing it in everyone’s face. When they’re not good, they were never a fan in the first place.

As an example, how much did you hear about Iowa wrestling this year? A couple years ago, Iowa fans couldn’t wait to talk to anyone about college wrestling. You’d see Hawkeye wrestling stickers all over cars and tons of shirts around town. It’s non-existent now.
This is one of the more accurate posts I’ve ever seen on CF.

Even their football fans have gone the route of being self deprecating in terms of their offense as a hedge against their usual arrogance.

Only interesting thing will be to see how long they can make this CC thing last. May not stop immediately. You’ll hear the “you can’t just replace a generational talent overnight thing” through next year and possibly the year after.

Someone on their message board called her Jordan-esque last night

Kaner04

Apr 22, 2019
Someone on Hawkeye Insider said he hopes Harding can find 15-20 pounds of muscle. Have they ever looked at any of their players? They all look the same freshman year to senior year

SEIOWA CLONE

Dec 19, 2018
Someone on Hawkeye Insider said he hopes Harding can find 15-20 pounds of muscle. Have they ever looked at any of their players? They all look the same freshman year to senior year
Most of their players are bean poles and have been for quite some time. It's almost like Fran and the staff has not figured out where the weight room is nor understand its importance in modern basketball. Perkins has found the weight room, but that is about it. Fran just loves him some tall lengthy kids that can run the floor and shoot a three.

ISUTex

May 25, 2012
Rural U.S.A.
Congrats fanatics. Would you prefer being a 1 seed in the West or a 2 seed in the Midwest with Purdue? Please be nice to me and @iahawks

Would be cool to be a 1 seed. But, I still don't think the committee could stomach giving Iowa State a one seed over North Carolina. Plus, Iowa State could whip Purdue and might have a crowd advantage in that game. So either way works for me.