SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Fran and his staff either know where Foster is going or or at least know it won't be Iowa... Plus the staff would have to sweat out the likes of Upper Iowa and Truman State if he held back the offers.

http://www.verbalcommits.com/players/kris-murray
http://www.verbalcommits.com/players/keegan-murray
It really does look like Iowa might be off the plate for XF.. Not sure if Iowa State is his clear cut choice but these recent commits suggest Iowa is scrambling (again).

• Agree
Reactions: DSMCy

Go2Guy

Mar 18, 2006
Houston, TX
Yeah. The first 4 commitments were probably just Fran making sure his fax machine is still working. He'll definitely be landing some big fish with the last 3.

BBUWUHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA......I'm gonna be laughing for a couple days on this one!

CoKane

Oct 26, 2013
Cedar Rapids
Murphy’s law involves things you can’t control. Fran being an asshat is something very controllable
Late to this, but Pemsl and JordBo are going to play against ISU. We already know how this works for Fran(and well, every other team in general, but especially when Iowa plays us).

• Agree
Reactions: JP4CY

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Fran and his staff either know where Foster is going or or at least know it won't be Iowa... Plus the staff would have to sweat out the likes of Upper Iowa and Truman State if he held back the offers.

http://www.verbalcommits.com/players/kris-murray
http://www.verbalcommits.com/players/keegan-murray
I love basketball and didn't know Upper Iowa had a team. I only know Truman has one because of Horner. If you go to Truman's wiki page and click basketball, it doesn't even have a basketball page, it goes straight to "College Basketball."

• Funny
Reactions: Acylum

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis
Just leave this here...

@MatthewBain_ Iowa head coach Fran McCaffery stopped by Oskaloosa last week to give a heads up to Xavier Foster's camp that the Murray twins would likely commit, his father and high school coach tell me.

So, Foster knew this was coming.

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006
Just leave this here...

@MatthewBain_ Iowa head coach Fran McCaffery stopped by Oskaloosa last week to give a heads up to Xavier Foster's camp that the Murray twins would likely commit, his father and high school coach tell me.

So, Foster knew this was coming.
Foster's reaction...

giphy.gif

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
I suspect he’s giving Murray’s sons a chance, knowing they can transfer in a year if it doesn’t So basically Fran is helping these two out for a year, then they’ll enter the portal?

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
I suspect he’s giving Murray’s sons a chance, knowing they can transfer in a year if it doesn’t So basically Fran is helping these two out for a year, then they’ll enter the portal?
So that's what the Iowa Basketball program has come to? Lol a participation university for under-gifted division 1 basketball players?

cycloner29

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
Just leave this here...

@MatthewBain_ Iowa head coach Margaret McCaffery stopped by Oskaloosa last week to give a heads up to Xavier Foster's camp that the Murray twins would likely commit, his father and high school coach tell me.

So, Foster knew she was coming.

FIFY. She does not want to give up her boy's scholarships.

• Funny
Reactions: ATCy

Beyerball

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
Texas
So I’m reading into Bain XF tweet one of two ways..

Either XF is very close with the Murray twins and wanted all 3 of them together...or..

Fran drive to see XF to pressure him to commit before the ships are filled..

kinda only 2 reasons I can see why you wouod drive to see XF and tell him they are committing

kentkel

Apr 12, 2006
I'll have whatever he's having...

View attachment 67723
Screen Shot 2019-10-21 at 2.42.47 PM.png
That is not too bad of a career, ppg-wise. But those stats are not going to help the player garner post-season accolades, either. If they have the shooting percentages of their dad, there is no way they are averaging 10ppg - especially knowing Fran's substitution patterns and propensity for playing 13-15 guys each game.

g4ce

Feb 6, 2018
So I’m reading into Bain XF tweet one of two ways..

Either XF is very close with the Murray twins and wanted all 3 of them together...or..

Fran drive to see XF to pressure him to commit before the ships are filled..

kinda only 2 reasons I can see why you wouod drive to see XF and tell him they are committing

I could be wrong but I don't think it's option 1

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron