Tough day for EIU hoops hopes

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
I respectfully disagree. Here is the reason: One really needs to factor in the following: there are TONS more positions in Pro Football (almost 2,000) compared to NBA positions (400-450) & of those roster spots - 100+ have been occupied by international players. So, when you consider ISU's success with DEVELOPING players that make a roster (or even get a two-way contract) that is impressive.

LOL I wasn't agreeing with him...

WalkingCY

Sep 26, 2008
Kansas City
From Hoknation:

I sure hope you guys aren't getting me hyped up about nothing.
I'd love to see XF flying around the court with the other great talent Iowa has on the roster. Even is he wants out early he could get 2 great yrs in developing himself into what the NBA is looking for and go make some money.
There is absolutely a golden opportunity for him in Iowa City.

4 walleye hunter16, Yesterday at 1:14 PM

Did someone switch universes on me again?

To All Iowa basketball fans:

6Vb8unU.png

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
I'm on record as saying that actually works in the Hawks favor. D1 Athlete? I'd want the girlfriend a couple hours away...just sayin.
Iowa State has the better basketball program and the cherry on top just so happens to be that his girlfriend also goes there and is a cheerleader. If his mentality behind going to Iowa is so his girlfriend doesn't know what he's doing, then he probably shouldn't be in that relationship at all.

I'm not saying you should follow your girlfriend or boyfriend to the same college in order to stay with one another, because that usually doesn't end well. But if he really does like her and wants to continue their relationship, Iowa State seems to be the clear cut choice.

herbicide

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
Ankeny, IA
Miller and Condon just had hawkeye report break the news that Foster isn't a shoe in to Iowa. They were suprised to hear ISU might be in the lead for him. Hawkeye report did mention a conversation from his dad indicated it will likely be Iowa or ISU.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Miller and Condon just had hawkeye report break the news that Foster isn't a shoe in to Iowa. They were suprised to hear ISU might be in the lead for him. Hawkeye report did mention a conversation from his dad indicated it will likely be Iowa or ISU.
This is so ignorant. Lol

• Agree
Reactions: CycloneVet

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013

Jesus

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
The funny thing about the whole XF recruitment is that there have been all of these myths and assumptions that he is this huge Hawkeye fan when there has been almost nothing to even give someone that impression. The meltdown is going to be off the charts.

• Agree
Reactions: CycloneVet

herbicide

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
Ankeny, IA
This is so ignorant. Lol

The funny thing about the whole XF recruitment is that there have been all of these myths and assumptions that he is this huge Hawkeye fan when there has been almost nothing to even give someone that impression. The meltdown is going to be off the charts.

The Hawkeye report guy (Kakert?) said he thought the national guys for whatever reason lean Hawkeye because his granddad went there and his mom was a Hawkeye fan. He didn't understand it, and said most of the Iowa connections say he is an ISU lean. Of course Miller and Condon jumped all over the girlfriend angle.

Miller and Condon are good, but they certainly have a hawkeye bias, which they freely admit.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
The Hawkeye report guy (Kakert?) said he thought the national guys for whatever reason lean Hawkeye because his granddad went there and his mom was a Hawkeye fan. He didn't understand it, and said most of the Iowa connections say he is an ISU lean. Of course Miller and Condon jumped all over the girlfriend angle.

Miller and Condon are good, but they certainly have a hawkeye bias, which they freely admit.
If you admit your bias, I'm fine with it. Everyone has it.

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013

Yeah, I understand the whole family situation but if that's all you got....

• Agree
Reactions: Statefan10

herbicide

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
Ankeny, IA
Meh, Miler is much closer to neutral than being a hawk homer. He can be pretty negative on both programs but will also give them both credit.
True, Condon admits he is a huge Hawk fan, and drives discussion that way. I still think besides his made for print voice they are pretty good even with that bias. It is certainly the most sports centric sports show the state has to offer.

• Funny
Reactions: CyberJJJ

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Sibley and Foster aren't going to Iowa. They'll end up with that fallback big guy Rhode Island wants and that SG nobody wants

dexterhawk

Oct 17, 2013
Iowa State has the better basketball program and the cherry on top just so happens to be that his girlfriend also goes there and is a cheerleader. If his mentality behind going to Iowa is so his girlfriend doesn't know what he's doing, then he probably shouldn't be in that relationship at all.

I'm not saying you should follow your girlfriend or boyfriend to the same college in order to stay with one another, because that usually doesn't end well. But if he really does like her and wants to continue their relationship, Iowa State seems to be the clear cut choice.
You are correct and that is the correct and mature approach for the young man to take.

That said....I'd still want the GF a couple hr drive away if I was a D1 athlete......but I'm a degenerate so take it FWIW.