Tough day for EIU hoops hopes

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Imagine being 60 years old and picking a twitter fight with someone that is in their mid 20s and bragging about being able to knock people out back in his day. LOL.
Thought the Hawkeyes would have turned on JoBo since he was one of the biggest pushers of NIL and NIL is bandied about as one of the biggest reason the Hawkeyes can’t compete at basketball. Using the Hawkeye logic, JoBo is responsible for injuring your basketball team.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
Gee, what's not to like?

View attachment 113060
e657e687f8b90d983f2abb9b8b0b9603a126019e.jpg

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis
Good or bad day for EIU basketball? New AD likely leads to expectations and demand for MadFran results. No way the next AD is willing to just do the status quo to ease into retirement.

• Sad
Reactions: cyguy9320

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
How old was the Iowa fan who mocked the injured opponent's player a few years ago?

That was some vintage Haydenism.

I was in Kinnick when Ed Hinkel housed a punt return and one of our coverage guys took a blind side block and got absolutely smoked. He was out and Iowa kept playing the replay over and over on the south endzone screen all while fans where cheering the hit. Our guy was f****** hurt and all of this is going on. Just gross and peak Haydensism.

• Wow
Reactions: Cy4Lifer

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
Iowa will only hire someone that won't upset the apple cart.
I don't think so. I think this is the start of a new era at Iowa. An era of progress and better PR. Fran will have a short leash with the new AD, who will only tolerate so many tirades until bringing in "their" guy and putting their stamp on the department. I am not happy about any of this.

CyCity

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 28, 2014
West Des Moines
Patiently waiting to call in to get my Iowa basketball tickets at the Well in December..........

Naw.... I'd rather watch paint dry than see Iowa play. Sure this is a marketing thing to keep the fan base up. Plus the men's team probably could use a good crowd.
I got 4 tickets and sold them same day for $600 profit.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
I don't think so. I think this is the start of a new era at Iowa. An era of progress and better PR. Fran will have a short leash with the new AD, who will only tolerate so many tirades until bringing in "their" guy and putting their stamp on the department. I am not happy about any of this.

Didn't they get rid of Dr. Tom because they thought they could do better?

It would be funny to watch them have a revolving door.

• Agree
  • Optimistic
Reactions: VeloClone and NWICY

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006

Fran actually might be as good as they can do, and I mean that sincerely. He's basically a slightly worse Dr. Tom. This is their program. I think they stand a better chance to be worse than better if they move on.

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
Fran actually might be as good as they can do, and I mean that sincerely. He's basically a slightly worse Dr. Tom. This is their program. I think they stand a better chance to be worse than better if they move on.
Could very well be. Fran really has the program in the mold fans and media expect. A lot of the aforementioned don't care about success in the tournament as long as they have Wooden candidates and 20 win seasons

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there
Why would this be news? Patrick redshirted and then played 3 seasons. He'll be a rs senior with a COVID year. What other options was he considering? Who believes he won't be back for his COVID year?

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
"Slightly" worse? At Iowa Davis went to the tournament 9 of 13 years, never bowed out in the first round and added an Elite 8 and two Sweet 16s to that. I contend that that resume is a lot better than what Mad Fran has compiled.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron