Tough day for EIU hoops hopes

iahawks

Sep 7, 2012
Close game last night, just couldn't get anything to fall from 3 and was bad at the FT line. Can't do those things on the road and expect to win.

That was a beautiful play call at the end though. Wide open look for Sandfort for the win and he just back rimmed it.

Right now, Iowa isn't in the tourney. They have work to do. Not sure if they can get there though.

BACyclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2011
Reinbeck, IA
Close game last night, just couldn't get anything to fall from 3 and was bad at the FT line. Can't do those things on the road and expect to win.

That was a beautiful play call at the end though. Wide open look for Sandfort for the win and he just back rimmed it.

Right now, Iowa isn't in the tourney. They have work to do. Not sure if they can get there though.

Ulis missing those free throws at the end was brutal.

• Agree
Reactions: iahawks

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
6 TO seems important in a low 60s game.
He was really nice scoring last night and I was actually impressed. But he was very careless with the ball in some big spots and was very bad on defense.

legi

Oct 31, 2008
Maple Grove, MN
Not blaming the loss on officials. Iowa lost this game with poor FT and 3 point shooting. But how do you miss these?

Murray needs to be much stronger than that. That was super soft for D1 basketball.

Per rules that is an illegal screen but it basically happens all the time with no call. Simply have to be stronger, play through, and then set same picks on offense.

Rural

Feb 3, 2010
I have to ask again why in the world is 15 deep Fran doing the iron man thing?

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
There was a blatant charge on Iowa in the last couple minutes that wasn't called either. It's not like this was all in one direction. Sometimes the refs just suck.
Yeah the refs are never great but they weren’t horrible last night. Iowa was in the double bonus in the 2nd half while MSU needed to get fouled 3 more times before getting into the single bonus.

Reactions: BACyclone

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
What? Even if he doesn't knock him down, that is as illegal as a screen can get.
He’s not setting a screen he’s rolling to the basket and there was incidental contact resulting in Kris getting knocked to the ground. I think a foul could’ve been called but it would’ve been pretty weak.

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
He’s not setting a screen he’s rolling to the basket and there was incidental contact resulting in Kris getting knocked to the ground. I think a foul could’ve been called but it would’ve been pretty weak.

Yeah he’d already screened and was rolling to the hoop.

I love that Iowa fans are still convinced the big 10 is this super physical conference and no calls like that are an abomination. That’s every possession in the big 12 and the fact they can’t handle it means they’ll get bounced in the first weekend every time.