Totally Insane Iowa Stats

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN

CyCloned

Oct 18, 2006
Robins, Iowa
If their offense continues at the level of futility it has so far that defense is going to be tired out during the heart of the Big 10 schedule. Their defense and special teams look stout but if they are on the field as much as they have been so far going to run into injury and conditioning issues at some point. Has to also be demoralizing to the defense to have to carry the team like that too knowing that they could still lose the game by holding the other team to 10 points.
honestly, you can see the defense was getting a little worn out on that 99 yard drive. We have seen this at ISU a few times where the Clones had a decent defense and a terrible offense. After a while the defenders get worn out, and lose some of there fire. It would be funny if the Hawks didn't get to a bowl game this year after all the talk about winning the Big 10 West for the last 9 months. The west looks their typical weak mess, so Iowa would have to really fall apart.

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
honestly, you can see the defense was getting a little worn out on that 99 yard drive. We have seen this at ISU a few times where the Clones had a decent defense and a terrible offense. After a while the defenders get worn out, and lose some of there fire. It would be funny if the Hawks didn't get to a bowl game this year after all the talk about winning the Big 10 West for the last 9 months. The west looks their typical weak mess, so Iowa would have to really fall apart.

One of the funniest calls on The Drive yesterday was some Hawk fan that tried to downplay the offensive struggles by saying they won 10 games last year with Petras. Condon at least fired back that they still got their butts kicked by Michigan because of it because the defense was obviously not good enough to stop them and they also lost 24-7 and 27-7 to Purdue and Wisconsin after the big win again Penn State so the offense is a concern because you can't rely on the defense to win lower scoring close games. I just went back and checked their scores from last year and somehow Iowa scored in the 20s and 30s for most of their games other than in their 4 losses and a close one against Northwestern. So the fact they have looked so bad already in non-conference already I think it is fair game for Hawk fans to be worried.

CyCloned

Oct 18, 2006
Robins, Iowa
One of the funniest calls on The Drive yesterday was some Hawk fan that tried to downplay the offensive struggles by saying they won 10 games last year with Petras. Condon at least fired back that they still got their butts kicked by Michigan because of it because the defense was obviously not good enough to stop them and they also lost 24-7 and 27-7 to Purdue and Wisconsin after the big win again Penn State so the offense is a concern because you can't rely on the defense to win lower scoring close games. I just went back and checked their scores from last year and somehow Iowa scored in the 20s and 30s for most of their games other than in their 4 losses and a close one against Northwestern. So the fact they have looked so bad already in non-conference already I think it is fair game for Hawk fans to be worried.
They had a lot of games last year where the other team turned the ball over several times and them short fields or outright scores. ISU, Nebraska and a couple more. Without the turnovers and blocked punts they would have struggled to get to a bowl game last year. Now you can say they have created a lot of TOs, but in the end, some of that is still luck. If their luck runs out this year, fans will see that defense can't win every game.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
Looks like KF is going to give Petras a shot against two horrible teams the next two weeks to see if he can get something going.

If he doesn't do it this week though.... I doubt he gets another chance against Rutgers the following week.

cedarstrip

Aug 26, 2013
I forgot to post this last week. For the third year in a row no team TOE beat is included in the final AP poll. Just one in the last five season. Fake ID's.

Help Support Us

Become a patron