tOSU/Mich/Clemson/FSU to SEC?

jdolson27

May 23, 2015
Been hearing Steve Sarkisian ex Alabama oc and Saban masterminded this when he was hired as Texas’s new head coach

• Haha
Reactions: jmb

jbhtexas

Oct 20, 2006
Arlington, TX
tOSU Twitter pretty much shitting all over this. Here is another tweet I found interesting…

If this is truly the case,
The B1G is trying to make the best research cooperative in the world.

then OU/OkSU to the SEC (solves the Oklahoma intrastate political issues), and Texas + one other AAU school to the Big Ten. Also removes the TAMU objection to UT...

• Useful
Reactions: BWRhasnoAC

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
Been hearing Steve Sarkisian ex Alabama oc and Saban masterminded this when he was hired as Texas’s new head coach
Regardless of if this is true (which it could be), this rumor was bound to get started and get traction no matter it’s validity.

• Agree
Reactions: Cyclones01

Cyhig

Nov 29, 2017
So, a 20 team MEGA conference?

Are they going to play each other or maybe every third game after playing UTEP and New Mexico State?
4 game conference schedule + 8 home games against “please just give us our paycheck and get the game over with” schools

• Haha
Reactions: BWRhasnoAC

BWRhasnoAC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2013
Dez Moy Nez
Regardless of if this is true (which it could be), this rumor was bound to get started and get traction no matter it’s validity.
I vaguely remember a cryptic message back in the winter about big things coming. They weren't kidding.

tim_redd

Mar 29, 2006
Ankeny
Some how they need to stop football from ******* up all the other sports. At the very least we need a basketball (and other sports) conference that makes regional sense. If this accomplishes just a football breakaway I'm all for it because I would never watch a game.

BWRhasnoAC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2013
Dez Moy Nez
Some how they need to stop football from ******* up all the other sports. At the very least we need a basketball (and other sports) conference that makes regional sense. If this accomplishes just a football breakaway I'm all for it because I would never watch a game.
Ya, that's not even the only part. This isn't just about AD's. This is Presidents, Regents, Politicians.

awd4cy

Dec 29, 2010
Central Iowa
Anyone thinking OSU/Mich/PSU would bolt for the SEC just needs to take a deep breath and pour themselves an adult beverage. I understand the idea of that is a nice distraction, but seriously, lol.
I think you’re kind of an idiot at this point if you can’t see what’s coming in the grand scheme. You don’t realize how much stronger the SEC is now and how powerful and dominant that conference is now. You might get it down the road though.

• Dumb
  • Disagree
Reactions: Hawkmi and Rods79

awd4cy

Dec 29, 2010
Central Iowa
So Ohio State makes close to $55 million per year from the Big 10 if I have that right. What if they stand to make well over double that for joining the SEC mega conference? They for sure turning that down?

deadeyededric

Dec 12, 2009
Parts Unknown
I think you’re kind of an idiot at this point if you can’t see what’s coming in the grand scheme. You don’t realize how much stronger the SEC is now and how powerful and dominant that conference is now. You might get it down the road though.
They think the Big 10 is essentially too big to fail and OSU will turn down cash and glory for tradition.

• Disagree
  • Agree
Reactions: Rods79 and awd4cy

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron