TopGolf is coming to Des Moines.

houjix

Jul 21, 2021
I believe this is where the Dave and Busters is going.
No. Dave & Busters is going in the SW corner of the mall parking lot next to the lake, just south of the Theater entrance. My company is doing that project.

Reactions: BooneCy

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
I still think one of these golf complexes would have been best located in the Praire Meadows, Bass Pro, outlets and Adventureland district. They have the room over there and it would have been a nice touch for that area.

Seems like every Top Golf I’ve been to has been within a stones throw of a Costco or an IKEA (or both). Coincidence?

AgronAlum

Jul 12, 2014
Lol yah, no way all 3 actually get built.

Plus, this TG location is only a couple miles from the Suite Shots planned on Grand.

The one on Merle Hay is already being built so that one is opening for sure. I have to believe Top Golf isn’t scared of the other two since they’re the name brand.

houjix

Jul 21, 2021
City approved the zoning for D&B usage. TBD if one gets built. But they are ready if/when that happens.
We need to get the platting done, but that usually doesn't stop construction from occurring unless the city is wanting to be a pain in the butt. The problem with the platting is the whole Jordan Creek Town Center plat is a mess. Apparently none of the original easements have ever been properly recorded, so updating any platting has been a challenge to say the least.

• Informative
Reactions: NWICY and cyfan92

FeedBreece

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2020
How close is this thing gonna be to the Wells Fargo?

Signed, someone who lives right next to the Wells Fargo.

CloneinWDSM

Aug 9, 2013
I drive by there everyday. It doesn’t seem like enough space around there for parking and the facility.

Help Support Us

Become a patron