Tonight's game

psycln11

Apr 20, 2006
Ankeny
Re: Last day to sign JUCOS...committments?

Today is the last day to sign jucos/transfers....there are some out there that are still on the market.... Cedrick Mack? Bo Williams? anyone heard anything. Could we get an early christmas present with anyone?????:biggrin:

Today is the first day...The last day is January 15, 2008.

And Bo Williams would not be a JC transfer. He "played" for Florida last season, therefore, he'd have to sit a year. Unless he has a sick relative near ISU he's tranferring to be close to.

National Letter of Intent | Signing Dates

bos

Legend
Staff member
Apr 10, 2006
A win. To a few of us, its very important.

wonkadog

Apr 17, 2006
Ames, IA
The win is not in doubt. If that win is by more than a particular number of points is going to be the thing worth watching for...

mg4cy

Feb 5, 2007
Iowa
Isn't Texas Southern 1 and 8? Probably another big win.

If we get up by 20 by shooting outside shots and 3 pointers, then McDermott should say "no more 3 point attempts", "work on the inside game".

The crowd will probably be low again, no students, so the balcony ticket holders can move down for a better seat. Its nice to try the expensive seats.

sloaner

Apr 19, 2006
Indianola, IA
I think playing games this close together is actually go to help this team a lot. By the time the tournament in Vegas is over they may be tired, but the ability to be on the floor together 4 times in a week is going to pay dividends later in the year.

bos

Legend
Staff member
Apr 10, 2006
I hope its on tv again in Sioux City. That was a nice treat the other night.

cmoore_23

Mar 23, 2006
Ankeny, IA
this sucks im stuck with a tough situation..

go the the game tonite.. and get student seats..becuz we will get to move down.. or go play pick up games...where i have been doing terrible latey btw... maybe i should put up a poll lol..

oh right back to the prediction

ISU 77
Tex Southern 42

I think we see Haluska FINALLY hit a 3 tonite
just a hunch..

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
Isn't Texas Southern 1 and 8? Probably another big win.

Southern is probably better than BC though. They've played 8 road games, and not done too terribly in them. One thing that is kind of funny about them is that they are 1-8, but because of their SOS their RPI is 142. For comparison's sake, Iowa, at 6-6, has an RPI of 242.

Purdue beat these guys by 20, I hope we can have a similar showing. I'd love to beat Purdue even though there is no way I'd predict it.

acs4isu

Sep 8, 2006
West Des Moines
this sucks im stuck with a tough situation..

go the the game tonite.. and get student seats..becuz we will get to move down.. or go play pick up games...where i have been doing terrible latey btw... maybe i should put up a poll lol..

Is this even much of a decision? :smile:

whirlybirds

Oct 25, 2007
Knoxville, IA
Anyone watch this team play Purdue on Monday night? They played a close game in the 1st half (from what I saw of it) and just couldn’t keep up in the 2nd. They have a really short PG who is very fast and explosive off the first step. shouldn’t be too much trouble for us though

ISUChippewa

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
Another interesting little tidbit about Texas Southern is that as late as September 20th, they didn't have a head coach. For some unfathomable reason, the school decided not to hire one before the academic year started. I still have no idea who their coach is right now.

Cyfan13

Dec 14, 2007
Ames
Another interesting little tidbit about Texas Southern is that as late as September 20th, they didn't have a head coach. For some unfathomable reason, the school decided not to hire one before the academic year started. I still have no idea who their coach is right now.

Their coach is Robert Moreland. He was the coach there for 26 seasons before they fired him in 2001...I can't believe he came back!I think i'd have a little anamosity.

necromancy

Sep 11, 2007
Des Moines, Iowa
On his post-game show the other night, McDermott said that they were better than their record indicated (standard fare for any coach to say) and that their record is deceptive because they've played a lot of road games against really tough teams (Purdue, Kentucky). Since I predicted we'd have a tough time with BC the other night and we ended up winning in a blowout, I'll predict the same this time to ensure an easy victory: 56-50, ISU, in an ugly grinder.:smile:

CHim

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 20, 2006
I am predicting a win by 16.5 points.:smile:

brianhos

Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 1, 2006
Trenchtown
I think we win by 16 points, and then every CF member jumps up at the end of the game and screams NOOOOO!!!!!!

You see 15 people at the game all screaming at the same time when everyone else gets their jackets on!

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
See, I bet on Texas Southern to cover, so I'll be the guy that jumps up and down when they hit a buzzer beater to lose by 15.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron