NBA: Tomorrow I attend my first NBA game

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
I'm so jacked. Tomorrow I complete the big three sports cycle (MLB, NFL, NBA) as I'm making the roadie to Minneapolis to watch my Bulls take on the T-wolves. I get to see my boy D Rose hopefully lay a beat down on Beasley and Wes "Traitor" Johnson.

Tpups21

Apr 11, 2006
West Des Moines, IA
I'm so jacked. Tomorrow I complete the big three sports cycle (MLB, NFL, NBA) as I'm making the roadie to Minneapolis to watch my Bulls take on the T-wolves. I get to see my boy D Rose hopefully lay a beat down on Beasley and Wes "Traitor" Johnson.
You mean Beasley and Johnson lay a beat down on D Rose. Have an extra ticket by the way? :yes:

TitanClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 21, 2008
Easy on Wes, that blame should be placed on McD and the medical staff.

Have a good time!

cyguytillidie

Feb 9, 2010
Des Moines
Nice! I went to Chi-town on my 16th birthday a few years back for my first NBA game. It was a blast. Get some MVP chants goin for D-Rose! Go Bulls!

drmwevr08

Nov 25, 2006
Tempe, az
I get to catch my first in Boston next month. Equally excited. Then a first trip to Fenway as well!

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
Sorry hockey ranks up there with auto racing so I'll stick to the 3 American sports, not something that came from canada.

I guy I work with is a Boston fan and he went up to the game on Sunday and now a couple of days later I do the same thing. He said there was a lot of Boston there but also figure that KG came from Minny so not surprising. I will do my share of MVP shouting tomorrow and hopefully Bulls fans take over the place. Going with my best friend who even though is a Laker fan he said if I found cheap seats he go up with me because I went with him to Cowboys/Vikings being a bronco fan.

I also found this D Rose song.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wmIEjKCrsHY]YouTube - Go D Rose- Official Video for Derrick Rose Theme Song[/ame]

cycfan1

Nov 27, 2006
Ames
you get to go, or you have to go? i bet there is awesome d played

Another NBA slam fest thread.

Perhaps you should watch the NBA again cause it isn't the NBA of the early 2000's.
If you would realize the offensive capability of some of these players you would realize why defense is so hard to play. Look no farther than the Bulls with Thibs have done a complete 360 on defense and are one of the top teams in the NBA because of it.

Have fun at the game and go Bulls.

Reactions: CycloneRulzzz

Cyched

CF Influencer
May 8, 2009
Denver, CO
Not an NBA fan really, but I went to a Suns game a couple years ago when I was in Phoenix. It was a blast. High scoring basketball, great halftime/timeout entertainment, and arenas that are awesome. Even if you don't follow the NBA, you will enjoy yourself if you are a basketball fan.

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
I've been to both the Target Center and the United Center for NBA games and hands down the United Center was the best NBA experience I had. I luckily got to see the Bulls during the take on the Cavs in the late 90's. Jordan had 45 points and Rodman hit a 3. The starting lineup like this one just gave you chills.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zn6kiimEsYc]YouTube - Chicago Bulls Introduction 1997 NBA Finals Game 6[/ame]

Yes13

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 9, 2009
you get to go, or you have to go? i bet there is awesome d played
The Bulls play great D.

Just because there's a 24 shot clock, and the players make everything (they are rediculously good) doesn't mean the D sucks.

The only thing wrong with the NBA is the calls that stars get. But, as we saw with Alec Burks, Jacob Pullen, and Kansas, it happens in college as well.

Yes13

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 9, 2009
Too bad you have to watch that scrub D-Rose play.:jimlad:

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
I've been to both the Target Center and the United Center for NBA games and hands down the United Center was the best NBA experience I had. I luckily got to see the Bulls during the take on the Cavs in the late 90's. Jordan had 45 points and Rodman hit a 3. The starting lineup like this one just gave you chills.

YouTube - Chicago Bulls Introduction 1997 NBA Finals Game 6

Wow I'm jealous. I wish I could have seen Jordan play in person just once even against a nobody team. But getting to see D - Rose isn't too bad.:smile:

LindenCy

Kevin Dresser Fan Club
Staff member
Mar 19, 2006
Chicago, IL
Wow I'm jealous. I wish I could have seen Jordan play in person just once even against a nobody team. But getting to see D - Rose isn't too bad.:smile:

Got to see Jordan at the old Chicago Stadium once, but haven't seen Rose in person yet. Got to a few games 2003-2006 when there were some bad and ok teams, and got to see Fizer once or twice I think.

Should be a good show. Enjoy!

TxCycloneFan

Oct 19, 2006
Bastrop TX
I saw MJ play David Robinson from the top row of the Alamodome. That was the worst place to see a game. I did see Larry Bird Kevin McHale and Robert Parish from the first row in Atlanta. That was nice!

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron