Tommy Tuberville

beentherebefore

Nov 24, 2007
I heard Walters explain that someone stepped in front of Lazard right before Kempt was going to throw so it was better to eat the sack than throw an interception.

Tuberville said Kempt should have gotten rid of the ball.
Walters >>>>> Tuberville

• Agree
Reactions: kkise

CTTB78

Apr 7, 2006
Both Flubberville and Patrick made about every blunder you can as 'professional' announcers in today's game. If that was the last game either one does I will not be surprised.

SouthJerseyCy

Sep 6, 2008
Not sure which one it was mentioned Lanning played Football, Basketball and Baseball in HS. Pretty common knowledge that Lanning was an AllState Wrestler. I guess given what we know about Joel, maybe he could have played basketball and wrestled. lol

mikeiastat

Feb 1, 2007
Madison, WI
The whole production was ****. It was amasing how many times I yelled, "just show the damn game."

Their drooling over the Memphis return man was pathetic. They would miss the whole kickoff or punt focusing the camera and circle jerking about his 6 return TD's. He wasn't anything special. for goodness sakes. figure out how to get your slobbering done between plays.

• Informative
Reactions: Stormin

FerShizzle

person/genius
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 5, 2013
Des Moines
These are Tuber Vile's words during post-game ceremony.."Unfortunately Iowa State got that one extra point". This guy is a blatant Squawk fan trying to disguise

He didn't actually say that, did he?

It's funny how sometimes people accidentally and subconsciously say exactly what they feel in candid moments.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: Cy4Lifer

kentkel

Apr 12, 2006
I was really enjoying the game in the first half -- I had the TV volume off. My daughter insisted on listening to the commentators in the second half -- Tuberville is an a$$hat!! I think my daughter finally understood why I had the volume off - especially when he made that comment about ISU "unfortunately" scoring one more point.

StPaulCyclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 9, 2008
Duh!
He didn't actually say that, did he?

It's funny how sometimes people accidentally and subconsciously say exactly what they feel in candid moments.

You can listen to it at the beginning of the coverage for the trophy ceremony. “Unfortunately, Iowa State made one more play.”

• Dislike
Reactions: Cy4Lifer

GoClone

Apr 16, 2006
Tubberville displayed his bias in the first half when he said "WE" when talking about Memphis. I believe it was late first or early second quarter.

Sadly, the commentators are probably going to be what keeps this game from being a rebroadcast classic.

cyatheart

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 18, 2008
I really wonder why Tommy hates ISU so bad, it is quite clear he does. Dude doesnt even try to hide it. Weird guy.

Isu4meandyou

Nov 18, 2017
QUOTE="burn587, post: 5981731, member: 1392"]Hawkeye comment aside, I thought Tommy did an ok job, which is more than I thought he was capable of doing.

Mike Patrick needs to retire. He has a great voice for play by play but he's either too blind or too ignorant of the rules to be calling games anymore.[/QUOTE]
I totally agree with you although I'm not necessarily a Tommy fan. At least this time he wasn't saying that we needed to get bent over, that we were getting all the calls. BTW I'm referring to the West Virginia game where he said that Holgorsen deserved to get some calls his way because I guess Hakeem Butler getting blown down early didn't affect us when it was a touchdown that was not to be