Tommy Mister reconfirms he is coming to ISU

SoapyCy

Oct 10, 2012
grundy center
I will bet more people know Ian Johnson than know Amari Cooper. Those kids aren't coming here with 6 wins in their head as a ceiling. Tommy Mister is coming here with the idea of being Ian Johnson instead of TJ Yeldon. Lazard would rather be Jeremy Curley than Julio Jones. I would like to think that I would be the same as them.

this is the weirdest name-dropping-but-99%-of-people-have-no-idea-who-they-are post I've ever seen.

ribsnwhiskey

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 6, 2009
I was going to say, what if he goes to Oregon, and they don't make the national championship at all. Would anyone remember him then?

NickTheGreat

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 17, 2012
Central Iowa
I was going to say, what if he goes to Oregon, and they don't make the national championship at all. Would anyone remember him then?

THIS. I know it's the Harrison Barnes argument, but being one of many studs at Bama or Oregon vs the ****ing man at a school like ISU.

Though Troy Davis would have won the Heisman if he was at Texas or Oklahoma.

Abort argument. :jimlad:

BigLame

Feb 6, 2008
Western IA
I remember Darren Davis making a hell of a TD catch against Wyoming (and we ended up losing that heart-breaker).

I don't recall 1 Julio Jones' play from his college career.

It's because I'm a Cyclone I suppose.

BigLame

Feb 6, 2008
Western IA
I'm surprised that more top recruits don't commit to non-blue bloods in an effort to part of the group that turns the program around. I just hope we can give Lazard and Mister some help at other positions.

Think that help will consist of who can come out the current OL as solid contributors & combine that with the 2013 class (Campos, Curtis, Homa, Severs, Glenn) and go from there. Burton, Dagel, Lalk, Omoile, Williams, Dunning - someone from there.

jbhtexas

Oct 20, 2006
Arlington, TX
Most every young man thinks that he can conquor the world. The blue-blood recruiter comes along, tells the kid that he is good enough to get alot of playing time right after the redshirt year (whether that is true or not) on a team that will consistently be on the "good" TV channels, and be in the national spotlight contending for a national championship. Once those kids are in the door, the blue-blood "system" is very good at keeping them around and disuading them from transferring (in most cases).

Apparently, it is a pretty successful sales pitch, since the blue blood programs continue stacking 4* and 5* players three-deep on their rosters. You have to be a very well grounded and self-aware young man to assess whether what that recruiter says is true or if he is just blowing smoke.

Last edited:

TheJackWePack5

Oct 2, 2011
Ankeny, IA.
I get the feeling that the reason Mister is locked onto ISU is because the coaches swayed him with playing right away. If he is good enough, I'm all for it.

LindenCy

Kevin Dresser Fan Club
Staff member
Mar 19, 2006
Chicago, IL
Most every young man thinks that he can conquor the world. The blue-blood recruiter comes along, tells the kid that he is good enough to get alot of playing time right after the redshirt year (whether that is true or not) on a team that will consistently be on the "good" TV channels, and be in the national spotlight contending for a national championship. Once those kids are in the door, the blue-blood "system" is very good at keeping them around and disuading them from transferring (in most cases).

Apparently, it is a pretty successful sales pitch, since the blue blood programs continue stacking 4* and 5* players three-deep on their rosters. You have to be a very well grounded and self-aware young man to assess whether what that recruiter says is true or if he is just blowing smoke.

And the fact that at least some of those programs may be dropping major coin in the pockets of top (or even not top) recruits.

Royalclone

Jun 22, 2008
Lee's Summit, MO
While Mister said the .1 percent would be something like the Penn State issue, I get the feeling that both him and Lazard want to play for Paul Rhodes. Unless he is fired, quits, or otherwise leaves the job before signing day, they will be Cyclones.

howellc33

Mar 18, 2012
Britt, IA
While Mister said the .1 percent would be something like the Penn State issue, I get the feeling that both him and Lazard want to play for Paul Rhodes. Unless he is fired, quits, or otherwise leaves the job before signing day, they will be Cyclones.

Dude. RHOADS!

Wally86

Oct 23, 2008
Central Iowa
Though Troy Davis would have won the Heisman if he was at Texas or Oklahoma.

Abort argument. :jimlad:
that may not be true. part of the reason he wss special at iows state was he could make something out of nothing. At Texas he wouldn't have gotten all the carries. Tesas just needs someone fast to run through a big hole.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron