Tomlinson will visit Vikings Thursday

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

San Francisco Cy

Jun 12, 2008
San Francisco
As a keeper league owner of Peterson, I don't like it. About Tomlinson's only value now is in short downs/distances. That could take away some TD opportunities for AP...

Spam

May 21, 2008
Could create some tension within the team with egos.

Dryburn

Apr 3, 2006
Somewhere in the U.S.
I would rather see him than Westbrook. LT is not quite the pass receiver that Taylor was, but he is a pretty good runner. Taylor was so good on 3rd down though. Noticed LT is pretty good in passing.....lol......8 for 12 in his career, with 7 of those going for touchdowns. Not bad.

Kyle

Mar 30, 2006
I would rather see him than Westbrook. LT is not quite the pass receiver that Taylor was, but he is a pretty good runner. Taylor was so good on 3rd down though. Noticed LT is pretty good in passing.....lol......8 for 12 in his career, with 7 of those going for touchdowns. Not bad.
I suspect they are bringing him in to play quarterback if Favre finally retires.

San Francisco Cy

Jun 12, 2008
San Francisco

This would make more sense. He fits the mold of Chester Taylor as the back-up, and already knows the offense. I think Westbrook has some gas left in the tank, and the Vikes could be really dangerous with the addition of BW. I'm going to miss him as an Eagle fan. Though, I've missed him during a lot of games during his career...

helechopper

Loyal Son Forever True
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 8, 2006
Chicago
I like this because Tomlinson can replace Taylor as the #2 in our one-two back punch that's much needed in the league these days.

Steve

Apr 11, 2006
This would make more sense. He fits the mold of Chester Taylor as the back-up, and already knows the offense. I think Westbrook has some gas left in the tank, and the Vikes could be really dangerous with the addition of BW. I'm going to miss him as an Eagle fan. Though, I've missed him during a lot of games during his career...

I'd be surprised if Westbrook can pass a physical. I don't think that he has much left after all the wear and tear that he's been through.

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
I'd be surprised if Westbrook can pass a physical. I don't think that he has much left after all the wear and tear that he's been through.

I've heard this as well. Supposedly his body is in pretty rough shape.

San Francisco Cy

Jun 12, 2008
San Francisco
Yeah, because it's all about your fantasy league results

Exactly. Thank you.

Westbrook should be fine, physically. He is mentally damaged, as a result of his two concussions in three weeks. But, for the most part, he was pretty healthy by the end of the season, physically. That's not to say he will be by week one. But, he could be an extremely dangerous 3rd down back...

hurdleisu24

Bookie
Sep 13, 2008
New York
NFL.com - LaDainian Tomlinson is scheduled to meet with the Vikings on Thursday.

Minnesota is looking for another running back after reserve Chester Taylor signed with Chicago.

Vikings coach Brad Childress said Wednesday he wants "to see where his mind is at."

Childress added that he assumes Tomlinson realizes he'd have to accept a reduced role as a backup to Adrian Peterson.

"I would think he knows that, but I always want to over-communicate clarity so we won't hopscotch around that," Childress said. "We'll have to show him what his role will be."

CycloneTony

Nov 3, 2007
Indianola
Some updates

Copied a few tweets

Here in ft.myers, but only on channel 4 tonight, Ladainian Tomlinson talks about wanting to become a viking to win a super bowl! Very cordia about 17 hours ago via twidroid

Told that LaDainian Tomlinson's visit is indeed going to start tonight with dinner with Vikings officials. KFAN reported that earlier today. about 18 hours ago via web
JuddZulgad

Also heard that he is ok with being a 3rd down back

Afterward, Tomlinson stopped to answer a few questions from a Star Tribune reporter who had no less than 10 cups of coffee and right now is typing at a speed rarely seen on this keyboard.

Q. What's it like having the opportunity to shop yourself after being in San Diego for so many seasons?

A. "It's like recruiting all over again, like going from high school to college. You just kind of have to kind of get a feel and see where you fit in at and see how it goes."

Q. What's your sense about this team being on the verge of a Super Bowl and having that opportunity?

A. "That's the thing I love most because this is a team that's right there. It has the veterans and the young guys that fit in together. It's a very talented team with a great coaching staff. It's a very supportive [environment]. That's what you want."

Q. What's your feeling after getting a chance to sit down for a few hours at dinner?

A. "I think it's great. I obviously really enjoy Coach Childress, E.B., guys that I'm going to spend a lot of time around. Even Pat, just getting a chance to really sit down with him. It was light. The mood was light and that's what you ask for."

Q. What's the key that needs to happen on Thursday when you spend time meeting at Winter Park?

A. "I'm not sure yet. I think we're just going to get in, talk about some football and stuff. Philosophies. That type of stuff."

Q. There is question about how well you would accept a third-down role behind Adrian Peterson. Is that something you would be willing to step into or would you have a problem with it?

A. "I don't [have a problem with it]. I know I can catch the ball really well out of the backfield, can run routes and that's something that I've always looked for as I got older in my career. Being able to fall back on that. Not having to carry the ball as much. I think that's what was lost in San Diego because I was the only guy that could really carry the ball 20 times. So my third-down role was reduced. So now I'm looking for that. It's something I can do and I can fit in well."

Q. When was the last time you played regularly on third down?

A. "Actually, this was the first year that I didn't play on third down."

Q. How much can you help Adrian Peterson develop?

A. "I think as far as learning how to be a professional on and off the field. Having been through a lot of stuff that he's going through, I could kind of help him go through it without any headaches. Also, just the approach to the game and also the offseason. I think I could help him out a lot."

Q. Have you talked to Peterson since you arrived?

A. "I haven't talked to him since I've been here. Not yet."

Q. What would the opportunity to play with Brett Favre mean to you?

A. "The opportunity to play with Brett would be unbelievable, incredible. So many years I've watched Brett and also played against him and admire him so much. Imagining him just throwing the ball to me out of the backfield or something like that, it would be something I can always remember and also tell my kids about."

Q. How close is this team to a Super Bowl?

A. "Very close. They are right at the top of the situation I was looking for when I first said I want to go somewhere and have a chance to win a championship."

Q. NFL.com reports you have another potential visit that you could make this week? Is that correct?

A. "Yes."

Q. Can you say which team?

A. "I won't say as of now but we'll see."

Q. So you are scheduled to leave Thursday night or possibly sign?

A. "Possibly."

Q. Do you think something could get done on Thursday?

A. "I don't know. My agent is definitely here in town."

Q. Prefer to sign here or would you like to make that next trip?

A. "I think it depends. It depends on how it goes tomorrow."

Q. What do you need to hear on Thursday from the Vikings?

A. "I think it's a feel that you have to have. It's not necessarily anything you're going to hear because I've heard what I like to hear. I have a role on this team. I think it's a feel that you have to have."

THIS COULD HAPPEN TONIGHT!?!?!:yes:

WCCORosen
Mark Rosen

Last edited: