Tom Shatel: Is this the beginning of the end for Nebraska in the Big Ten?

CentexCyclone

Oct 20, 2015
"The signals were sent initially by Scott Frost on Monday and retransmitted on Tuesday by Frost, NU President Ted Carter, Chancellor Ronnie Green and Athletic Director Bill Moos. "

Meh, seems like a lot of sound and fury for donors and recruits.

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
OMG, after this c'virus season, if the B12 plays, they will have all sorts of poaching options. Nebraska being front and center. I totally disagree with the above take. Now, whether the conference wants to expand is a completely different question, isn't it?

I've said earlier that this may be a catalyst for the Power 5 to break from the NCAA. I see others who took exception to that premise earlier are now claiming it as their own. Funny.

So far, this is all working nicely for the B12.
Jesus H......

leave it to Bob to come in here and use the term “c’virus”....

tm3308

Jun 13, 2010
I think it's a long shot YOU (B1G) see it but I think the big 12/Pac 12 could be a situation eventually depending on what happens out west,. Who knows what post covid or really desperate covid times could look like. The NCAA landscape could be totally different in a few years.

Granted, West Virginia was a weird addition, too, geographically. But the idea of the Big 12 adding Utah or one/both of the Arizona schools feels crazy enough, much less any of the schools from coastal states. The landscape could look very different in a few years, but I think it's much more likely that it would be because the P5, as currently aligned, breaks away from the NCAA altogether.

Reactions: heitclone

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there
Granted, West Virginia was a weird addition, too, geographically. But the idea of the Big 12 adding Utah or one/both of the Arizona schools feels crazy enough, much less any of the schools from coastal states. The landscape could look very different in a few years, but I think it's much more likely that it would be because the P5, as currently aligned, breaks away from the NCAA altogether.

You think the current decision to play won't cause a rift between those 5? Will money prevail?

tm3308

Jun 13, 2010
You think the current decision to play won't cause a rift between those 5? Will money prevail?

I'm not saying everybody in the B1G and PAC-12 is happy about this. But I still don't see schools jumping ship over it, especially if the other three conferences aren't able to finish the season (which is definitely a possibility).

Reactions: heitclone