Todd McShay taken off air during Wisconsin-Northwestern game

Clonehomer

Apr 11, 2006
So as a broadcaster, I assume he's subject to frequent Covid tests? With strike being one of the side effects of younger people, that was my first thought.

cyclone13

Apr 7, 2009
What did that news caster have a few years ago? I wonder if it would be like that.

I saw people commenting about it on a Wisconsin-Northwestern thread, but was paying more attention to the Iowa State game so didn't see it
I assume you were thinking of a female news anchor in CA...

LivntheCyLife

Nov 25, 2006
St. Louis, MO
Where are you seeing this?

To me the creases on the two sides of his face don't look quite the same, one side appears to move slower when he's closing his mouth, and then he sounds like someone who just had a nerve block for dental work.

Again, I want to stress it could be multiple things causing paralysis if that's what it is (and I'm not sure myself), or he could just be in distress and needing to vomit like someone else suggested, or some people naturally talk out of one side of their mouth.

But it's worth recognizing when somebody's facial movements look off with no obvious explanation, they need to get to a doctor.

ISC

Oct 15, 2009
Iowa
Not sure if it's a stroke, but wondering if he suffers from migraines... when i get a bad migraine, my speech and focus are way off and could sound a lot like that. You get totally disoriented when the visual aura hits and it just messes with everything.

for those of you who are lucky enough not to suffer migraines, here's what the aura looks like to me -> only it's not usually just one "streak"

Acylum

Nov 18, 2006
To me the creases on the two sides of his face don't look quite the same, one side appears to move slower when he's closing his mouth, and then he sounds like someone who just had a nerve block for dental work.
Good Lord.

Reactions: dosry5

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Common way to tell on a stroke is grip. Generally the affected side with have very diminished grip. At that is how we did it as EMTs, along with facial droop and slurred speech. There is a little hint of things here, but not enough to know for sure.

Rabbuk

Mar 1, 2011
I think he and kiper put in crazy stupid long hours. Doesn't Kiper have chronic health issues related to his heart or something too?

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Not sure if it's a stroke, but wondering if he suffers from migraines... when i get a bad migraine, my speech and focus are way off and could sound a lot like that. You get totally disoriented when the visual aura hits and it just messes with everything.

for those of you who are lucky enough not to suffer migraines, here's what the aura looks like to me -> only it's not usually just one "streak"

I get those visual disruptions (twice this summer) but without the other symptoms. Starts out with that freaky rainbow zigzag than gets weird voids and overlaps. Freaked me out the first time, thought I was having a stroke or something.

Reactions: ISC

Clonehomer

Apr 11, 2006
I get those visual disruptions (twice this summer) but without the other symptoms. Starts out with that freaky rainbow zigzag than gets weird voids and overlaps. Freaked me out the first time, thought I was having a stroke or something.

I've had those. I went to my optometrist for them one time and she referred to them as non-headache migraine (I think she was dumbing it down for me, didn't sound terribly technical). But I guess they're fairly common.

cyclone13

Apr 7, 2009
I usually see bubbles - first time I got, I saw bubbles and then the left eye started to get blurry. Even lost my ability to speak and read and I thought I had a stroke. Ended up in urgent care and ER including having to have CAT Scan / MRI (don’t remember which one). The doctors confirmed it was a bad migraine and usually the first one strikes really bad.

Reactions: ISC

jbhtexas

Oct 20, 2006
Arlington, TX
I've had those. I went to my optometrist for them one time and she referred to them as non-headache migraine (I think she was dumbing it down for me, didn't sound terribly technical). But I guess they're fairly common.
I've had the migraine aura since high school...5-10 per year...but never any headache pain. I may have had them earlier but I don't remember. Mine last about 25-30 minutes. They start with a very small blurry spot that gradually expands to multiple zig-zaggies across my entire vision field, and then it all just vanishes and is instantly back to normal. I find that if I take an ibuprofen when I first sense the small blindspot, the aura often stop after 10-15 minutes.

• Informative
Reactions: ISC and isutrevman

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron