TJ’s Weaknesses Exposed Tonight

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

NoCreativity

Nov 12, 2015
Des Moines
If you don't want people to make fun of the way you act you could always try acting differently.
Tell me how I should act then when we are on the front page of ESPN for having the biggest meltdown on the history of the Big 8.

Should I just be happy they tried their best?Or that they had fun?

JFC, I dont how to make this any more clear, people are going to be upset anytime we lose, let alone losing like we did Monday.

I was over it by Thursday and I'm done talking about. You guys want to talk Kansas I'm all ears, but I'm done arguing about it.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
I get it guys, nobody is allowed to be upset on here when we blow the biggest lead in the history of the Big 12 or Big 8.

You guys are so righteous, how dare anybody even get upset with a loss Monday.

You guys enjoy your day, I'm busy celebrating, you guys would rather call out other fans than be happy with today.

Quite a few people celebrate throwing players and coaches under the bus…but criticize the always flawless officials and it’s off with your head.

peatyscotch

Feb 16, 2022
I get it guys, nobody is allowed to be upset on here when we blow the biggest lead in the history of the Big 12 or Big 8.

You guys enjoy your day, I'm busy celebrating, you guys would rather call out other fans than be happy with today.
Different people have different views of what a forum is for. Some people use it to vent - and lots of people do vent here. If you don't like it, don't come here.

Other people like to share thoughtful insight on what is happening. That is my preference, because I learn - and because I know words matter. So, to each his own. Personally, I like the wrestling forum; lots of very knowledgeable posters, many have watched college kids in high school and bring great insight into what might be happening to a wrestler - good or bad.

Maybe why I don't appreciate the posts by fans who are venting, jereseib, is they get very personal. But forums are wide open as they should be. But for me, criticize the play and not the player would be my motto.

carvers4math

Mar 15, 2012
LOL at all the people overreacting about how “the press” would keep us from winning another game.

- At tech the team was overconfident and tired on short rest with massive lead.
- Tech suddenly changed way they played for ten minutes and fouled every play.
- Poor refs kept not calling fouls on Tech after they switch to full contact
- tired team got flustered by above reality

It’s that simple.
Did KU really press though? Seemed like Self could have turned up some pressure around five minute mark, but really just put one guy on it. I was hoping to see what adjustments we made. Was thinking Jaz being back would help.

AllInForISU

Nov 24, 2012

If it were just that one game, which most people were not thrilled about, people would probably cut you some slack. But anytime something starts to go wrong, you act like the world is ending.

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
Tell me how I should act then when we are on the front page of ESPN for having the biggest meltdown on the history of the Big 8.

JFC, I dont how to make this any more clear, people are going to be upset anytime we lose, let alone losing like we did Monday.

I was over it by Thursday and I'm done talking about. You guys want to talk Kansas I'm all ears, but I'm done arguing about it.
There's a whole lot of room between "being upset" and petulant meltdown. In other words, grow the **** up.

Pharmacy99

Feb 7, 2013
Different people have different views of what a forum is for. Some people use it to vent - and lots of people do vent here. If you don't like it, don't come here.

Other people like to share thoughtful insight on what is happening. That is my preference, because I learn - and because I know words matter. So, to each his own. Personally, I like the wrestling forum; lots of very knowledgeable posters, many have watched college kids in high school and bring great insight into what might be happening to a wrestler - good or bad.

Maybe why I don't appreciate the posts by fans who are venting, jereseib, is they get very personal. But forums are wide open as they should be. But for me, criticize the play and not the player would be my motto.
There are people like isuno1fan who only show up when things go wrong

• Winner
Reactions: isufbcurt

3TrueFans

Just a Happily Married Man
Sep 10, 2009
Ames

Until next loss when you get big mad and overreact for days.

bizzle

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 14, 2006
NY, NY

Do you really think the only options are "not be bothered at all" or "have psychotic break"? All of that happened and then we thumped Kansas a few days later and could be tied for the Big 12 again tonight. Teams lose to teams they "shouldn't lose to" in this conference. It happens every single year. Why do people pretend the world is ending over such a predictable event? The overreaction is just so toxic. Perspective is healthy, even as a fan.

trevn

Jerome Tang Surveillance Team
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
Eastern Iowa
LOL at all the people overreacting about how “the press” would keep us from winning another game.

- At tech the team was overconfident and tired on short rest with massive lead.
- Tech suddenly changed way they played for ten minutes and fouled every play.
- Poor refs kept not calling fouls on Tech after they switch to full contact
- tired team got flustered by above reality

It’s that simple.
Agree. So many simple basketball minds around here don’t get this.

• Winner
Reactions: isufbcurt

AllInForISU

Nov 24, 2012

We blew such a big lead, it shot us back to 1995.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
Agree. So many simple basketball minds around here don’t get this.
I actually think we’re better equipped to handle press than most teams. Some here act as if any team would be 40-0 if they just press all game.

ZRF

Jan 3, 2015
I don't think this game changes the problems this team/coaching staff have.

We can "stomach" BREs minutes when the team plays well, especially at home, but the bigger issue is when playing on the road. Again the staff inexplicably played BRE 17 minutes. He only had 2 boards, 4 points, and several blown layup opportunities. Then you have Tre King, who utterly dominated in the first half, yet only received 16 minutes. It's utterly insane, regardless of how well the rest of the team plays/compensates for the error.

Self also did a really poor job of even trying to exploit obvious deficiencies displayed over the last several games. We have trouble inbounding yet KU didn't press/pressure the ball much. Lipsey has been careless when faced with intense, on ball pressure yet KU really didn't attack him defensively. Then there is our most exploitable weakness, BRE. KU really didn't try to isolate him at the top of the key all all. Given how easily lesser teams like Mizzou and Tech exploited him I found it odd, if not shockingly inexcusable.

We played well today and TJ is obviously a good coach and has a team that typically plays well with one another. With that said, this game really doesn't alleviate the concerns or shortcomings we saw the last two games, particularly the last half of the Tech game

I was also surprised KU extended defense on Lipsey without really playing him hard. I think you pressure him up the floor and near the half court line, then force him to shoot and back off at the three line. They way KU handled him made it VERY easy for us, and didn't make Lipsey adjust.

rochclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 28, 2009

I’m overjoyed with today. But you don’t just get upset and make a couple posts. You post non stop for two days saying there is no way we can beat Kansas, the sky is falling, comparing the ability to keep a lead at home versus Northwestern to at Lubbock. You brought this on yourself.

AllInForISU

Nov 24, 2012
That's not true at all, I haven't been negative in 2 years on here, got upset at the Oklahoma State loss then had a meltdown the other night after Tech

So 2 games out of about 50 since TJ got here.

I could go back on any loss and you are leading the charge on negativity. If you think otherwise, you should look at your posting history. I just took a quick look and it isn’t pretty.