Tips for Gameday in Morgantown

ICYNY

Jan 26, 2015
I'm living out in Buffalo, NY now so the closest ISU normally comes to here is when they play in Morgantown. It's 4.5hrs away so I'm wanting to commit to go down there this year and was just looking for any advise from people who have been to a game in Morgantown before. Things like best place to stay, best places to eat/drink, tips on where to park/tailgating on gameday. Are there any ISU groups that do a big tailgate? Or if there is anyone else going to be in town it will just be my wife and me so we would love to meet new people who root for the right school!

Thanks Sean!

Reactions: Acylum and Aclone

brianhos

Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 1, 2006
Trenchtown
I think we are going to hit Morgantown this year. Should be a fun weekend.

SEIOWA CLONE

Dec 19, 2018
We have a group of 8 to 9 going, we got 4 hotel rooms in PA, about an hour away.
I called the WV ticket office this morning, and they said single game tickets will go on sale from July 3rd to the 7th or so.

After last years Austin trip, I am really unsure about buying tickets through ISU. The guy that got the tickets for Austin that we sat with, was at the $5,000 donation level and we still ended up in the upper deck.

Tickets were $65 to 70 dollars for the game. The visitors section is section number 99 in the endzone. Their stadium is a twin to JTS so that would be in the south endzone at home, on the east side, down low.

Does anyone know of any ISU alumni groups out east planning a tailgate or anything? I emailed the ISU group in PA today, but have not heard anything back yet.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
I've been.
ISU alumni out of DC head out there for the game. Great tailgating scene. You'll be offered shine.

Had a good time the night before at Keglers which I highly recommend.

You can buy beer in the stadium.

• Winner
Reactions: fattgregg

AgronAlum

Jul 12, 2014
Ive got a good buddy here in DM that’s from right outside Morgantown. Im thinking we should make the trip out this year. How good is WVU supposed to be?

I got to watch the ISU WVU game with him and his family last year. IT. WAS. AWESOME. We were in IA and I was the only ISU fan there.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Ive got a good buddy here in DM that’s from right outside Morgantown. Im thinking we should make the trip out this year. How good is WVU supposed to be?

I got to watch the ISU WVU game with him and his family last year. IT. WAS. AWESOME. We were in IA and I was the only ISU fan there.
WV has some work to do this year. They realistically should be down.

Reactions: AgronAlum

Thomasrickj

Feb 26, 2012
Arlington, VA
I’m from DC and go to Morgantown whenever we play them in football since it’s as close as ISU gets. I have a good friend in DC who also went to ISU and am friends with a lot of WVU alum in DC so there’s always 6-7 of us that head down for football or basketball. WVU fans like ISU so they’re very nice. I recommend staying at Chestnut Boutique or Waterfront Plaza, or Clarion Hotel Morgan as they’re right in the downtown bar district. As far as food, there’s an amazing Mexican place called Los Mariachis. Sports Page is a fun bar (they call it Spage in Morgantown). I’ll definitely be heading down there this October. Make sure your liver is prepared because it’s a party town. Go tailgating. I have been and just about every WVU fan will say hi and offer you a beer in the tailgating lots if you have an ISU shirt on.