Tinsley and Vroman to China?

imnclone

Oct 22, 2006
China must be the place to go now

http://thehoopsmarket.com/news/dong...+(The+Hoops+Market)&utm_content=Google+Reader

DongGuan, interested in Jamaal Tinsley, signs Jackson Vroman

After the signing of Vroman, Tinsley is the next target of the Chinese team
Jackson Vroman is finally a new player of the DongGuan New Century Leopards. According to the Chinese media, the 29-year-old American center, with Lebanese passport, has been signed by the CBA team. Vroman arrives to China after playing last season in Iran of Mahram.
The next target of DongGuan is another former NBA player, Jamaal Tinsley. The 32-year-old guard, a free agent after finishing last season in the Memphis Grizzlies, could join Vroman in the Chinese team. Tinstey averaged 3.5 points and 2.8 assists per game with the Grizzlies.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
The Lebanese passport/citizenship is interesting.

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
You can only have a certain number of Americans on Chinese teams. So it's probably a way to get around it.

I have a friend who has been to China several times and he said you'd be shocked at the number of people who play basketball there. It's huge.

WalkingCY

Sep 26, 2008
Kansas City
Crazy China.
china-flag.jpg

brentblum

Administrator
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 26, 2007
Stinson will most likely end up in China as well.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Stinson will most likely end up in China as well.

Wow, that's interesting. I was at the Cyclone Club lunch thing at Hickory Hall two weeks ago and he was there and said he'll probably play for the Energy this year.
Maybe the money is just leaps better over there.

CyJack13

May 21, 2010
You can only have a certain number of Americans on Chinese teams. So it's probably a way to get around it.

I have a friend who has been to China several times and he said you'd be shocked at the number of people who play basketball there. It's huge.

Yeah I think you can only have one American on the floor at a time. I read an interview with former Providence PG God Shamgod and his team was talking about getting Iverson and he was saying he was disappointed that they wouldn't be able to be on the floor together if he did sign there.

brentblum

Administrator
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 26, 2007
Wow, that's interesting. I was at the Cyclone Club lunch thing at Hickory Hall two weeks ago and he was there and said he'll probably play for the Energy this year.
Maybe the money is just leaps better over there.

Money is wayyy better over in China and I had heard he was in contact with a team over there. The D-League money is less than stellar. But who knows, maybe Curtis has reconsidered and wants to be closer to family and hang here in Des Moines.. and hope to get a 10-day contract this year from the NBA. Unfortunately his NBA clock is dwindling. It'd be nice if someone gave him a shot.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Money is wayyy better over in China and I had heard he was in contact with a team over there. The D-League money is less than stellar. But who knows, maybe Curtis has reconsidered and wants to be closer to family and hang here in Des Moines.. and hope to get a 10-day contract this year from the NBA. Unfortunately his NBA clock is dwindling. It'd be nice if someone gave him a shot.

Spot on Brent. I was thinking the same thing about the NBA clock. I think his knees have seen a lot a miles too.