Time to pay the man

CapnCy

Jul 6, 2010
This was from 2018:
In another thread the debate about reg season championship.....the contract uses the language, good enough for me! :)

Remember, he also took a pay cut this year for COVID....but I'm sure Jamie will be sure he gets what's deserved.

Reactions: Cyforce

cytor

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 20, 2011
I believe Campbell has a huge buyout ($20 million+) if I recall correctly. In this covid world, not likely another school will write that check anytime soon.

Cybone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
I don’t know the man, so I have no inside information..

However, I have watched games, read interviews and it apparent to me what matters most to Coach Campbell. Last year, at the senior game he welled up before the game when congratulating the seniors. His emotions today, per his words, were about the players. This man is about relationships and people. He enjoys mentoring and teaching. He takes pride in his program producing men of character. Marchie Murdock was in the program one year and look at his response to the game yesterday. Coach makes a difference in these players’ lives.

I love that Coach Campbell introduced “Victory Day” at ISU. He gets it, the team is part of the community, it holds influence. It is a source of pride. He has built a culture that extends beyond the field and scores.

He has said that the reason he is at ISU is Jamie Pollard. He has been given carte blanche to create this program, process, culture, etc. I am not so sure that the kind of impact and influence that Coach Campbell has at ISU would carry to a blue-blood program that already has that culture in place, that legacy.

Reactions: Scott34

Frak

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2009
I believe Campbell has a huge buyout ($20 million+) if I recall correctly. In this covid world, not likely another school will write that check anytime soon.

I don't think the buyout is anywhere near $20M.

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
I must be a crappy negotiator?
tumblr_n73q3tYGOJ1smcbm7o1_500.gif

cyputz

Jul 26, 2006
Pay him $4.675m.
But remove the 6 win bonus. That should be expected.

Last edited:

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
I think they would need to insert the 6 win bonus to remove it first.

Unless they removed it in one of his contract extensions, the only contract I can find has a 500k bonus for winning 6 or more games.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron