Time for WBB ticket price increase?

ajk4st8

Mar 27, 2006
Ankeny
So the men's basketball and football ticket prices have been going up quite a bit over the last few years. Women's basketball remains really pretty cheap. I've heard from countless people that we have the best WBB fans around. Isn't it time for them to see an increase in ticket prices? Since they are the best fans, they SHOULD keep coming right? Im all for it.

psycln11

Apr 20, 2006
Ankeny
Actually, I think the reason that the ISU women's team has the BEST fans around is that it's family friendly. The Lil Clone club get to sit right down front and it's affordable for a family of 4.

As someone who's looking at getting season tickets for next season, I wouldn't be in favor of a bump in price.

Keep it where it is and maintain our top 5 attendance status.

cmoore_23

Mar 23, 2006
Ankeny, IA
Actually, I think the reason that the ISU women's team has the BEST fans around is that it's family friendly. The Lil Clone club get to sit right down front and it's affordable for a family of 4.

As someone who's looking at getting season tickets for next season, I wouldn't be in favor of a bump in price.

Keep it where it is and maintain our top 5 attendance status.

i agree.. really there is no need to increase ticket pricing.. because when u really think about it.. tickets are all ready expensive when u compare it to other schools.. but to us.. its not to bad.. so really.. there is no point.. but i see where your coming from

cycloneworld

Facebook Knows All
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 20, 2006
Urbandale, IA
i agree.. really there is no need to increase ticket pricing.. because when u really think about it.. tickets are all ready expensive when u compare it to other schools.. but to us.. its not to bad.. so really.. there is no point.. but i see where your coming from

Like they are for football? But we still keep jacking those up.

ajk4st8

Mar 27, 2006
Ankeny
Why make football and mens bball fans do all the fund raising? Why not try to make more money?

Flag Guy

Mar 2, 2007
Because people come to mens bball and football much more readily than they do Womens Bball, Vball, or Sball. Thats why prices are lower to began with... and why they give out so many door prizes like foam sticks or hot dogs and cokes

ajk4st8

Mar 27, 2006
Ankeny
Because people come to mens bball and football much more readily than they do Womens Bball, Vball, or Sball. Thats why prices are lower to began with... and why they give out so many door prizes like foam sticks or hot dogs and cokes

Great point. But now that we have amazing attendance isn't it time to bump tickets higher than $10 bucks/game?

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
Higher prices might not result in more revenue if fewer people come - better to have high attendance.

Bobber

Apr 12, 2006
Hudson, Iowa
From my old Econ days, it all depends on how inelastic the curve is. A modest increase would probably hurt nothing.

JP jacked up football tickets and made the Iowa game off limits to 1 game ticket buyers. There was a lot of whining and complaining, but funny we set a record for season ticket sales and we had a lousy season. Very inelastic curve and big revenue gainer.

Maybe womens basketball will be different but I doubt it.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron