Time for the Media to Stop Asking Softball Questions

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

VTXCyRyD

Sep 2, 2010
Time for you guys in the media (Chris W) and who ever to just flat ask Rhoads what we all want to know. First point out that we have the worst offense in the country and then ask if he thinks this is Courtney's fault and then ask why Courtney still has a job.

VTXCyRyD

Sep 2, 2010
Always a good way to keep your media credentials and get future access to the program.
Doesn't matter this needs to be asked and if Rhoads isn't going to do anything about it he won't be head coach for more than 1 year more.

He is on track to becoming the next Jim Walden

3TrueFans

Just a Happily Married Man
Sep 10, 2009
Ames
Man that's going to be awkward when Rhoads points out that we don't have the worst offense in the country.

ISUCubswin

Mar 3, 2011
My Playhouse
Yeah. And I'm not putting this on CW. You think about it, it seems the majority of sports journalists are hated for one reason or the other. You don't see that with CW. He's pretty well respected not only in the Iowa State community but other Big XII communities as well. And if you haven't been able to tell by now, CW doesn't, at least in anything I've read, attack the coaches for a teams issues. He may suggest what's going wrong in his writings, but he doesn't blame coaches or players for failures. Win as a TEAM lose as a TEAM. You see that in his writings.

gocubs2118

Mar 31, 2006
Illinois
Not that I agree with the OP in this instance but there ways to ask the "tough" questions without have your press credential pulled.

I think CPR already knows that the offense sucks. Maybe you ask these "tough" questions if he keeps the entire staff after the year.

azepp

Dec 9, 2009
Ankeny
We ***** about how much the media is anti-ISU and we ***** that they're not hard enough on ISU. Yay for us.

Doctor

Aug 19, 2011
Yeah. And I'm not putting this on CW. You think about it, it seems the majority of sports journalists are hated for one reason or the other. You don't see that with CW. He's pretty well respected not only in the Iowa State community but other Big XII communities as well. And if you haven't been able to tell by now, CW doesn't, at least in anything I've read, attack the coaches for a teams issues. He may suggest what's going wrong in his writings, but he doesn't blame coaches or players for failures. Win as a TEAM lose as a TEAM. You see that in his writings.

LOL.

Chris doesn't ask any tough questions. He's a cheerleader, not a journalist. I think he'd tell you as much and I'm not knocking him for that role, but that's what he is.

VTXCyRyD

Sep 2, 2010
The question could simply be phrased, "Coach Rhoads, there is a large uprising of Cyclone fans on my web site that are very unsatisfied with the coaching leadership of this offense and would like to see some changes made now before the season is over. How would you respond to them?"

isuno1fan

Mar 30, 2006
Clive, Iowa
The question could simply be phrased, "Coach Rhoads, there is a large uprising of Cyclone fans on my web site that are very unsatisfied with the coaching leadership of this offense and would like to see some changes made now before the season is over. How would you respond to them?"

What kind of dumb arse question is that?

2Xclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
If you feel so strongly that the question about the offense needs to be asked (and aren't satisfied with how the press is handling it) why not pick up the phone and call in to Rhoads's call in show and ask yourself????

VTXCyRyD

Sep 2, 2010
If you feel so strongly that the question about the offense needs to be asked (and aren't satisfied with how the press is handling it) why not pick up the phone and call in to Rhoads's call in show and ask yourself????
Planning on it

azepp

Dec 9, 2009
Ankeny
Do they screen the calls?

cmjh10

Dec 5, 2012
Buffalo Center
Planning on it

tHw0b.gif