Time for a Real Discussion About Caitlin Clark

• Presidential Race Discussion - Please make sure to keep all discussion within the "Politics Forum" in order to keep the main forums civil and politics-free.
    You can opt-in to the Political Forum in your user settings - note that the change may take up to 2 hours to process.

Cyhig

Nov 29, 2017
Not surprising. CC gives off that type of vibe. A player can be very competitive while still being a good teammate, which Clark should learn quickly if she wants to gain the respect of her peers.

Imagine if a manager acted this way in an office setting. It creates a hostile environment, an environment nobody wants to be a part of.

dafarmer

Mar 17, 2012
SW Iowa
Yeah but U.S. women's BB in the Olympics hasn't been popular for like 30+ years now. This was the point Christine Brennan was making. She's covered the U.S. women's BB team at the Olympics since 1984 and said they're pretty much ignored every time, press room always half empty if not more, etc. CC on the team would have zero impact on the U.S. winning or losing (they're going to win easily), but would've finally put women's BB in the spotlight.
BS

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
I don’t hate her; I just think that locally we probably don’t need 75 different stories every single day about her. Guys like Murph and Reister needing to white knight every perceived slight and then having the lack of self awareness to question why people are always talking about her is a bit exhausting.
Agree, I don't hate her. I guess I just don't find what so many others find so endearing about her. Is it the logo 3's (poor shot selection), thread the needle passes (leads to almost as many turnovers as assists), competitive spirit (bad look, always scowling never smiling, and getting t'd up) or the popular boy she is dating? I can take my cardinal and gold colored glasses off and still have a hard time or at most be neutral toward her.

• Agree
Reactions: khardbored

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
I find it very hard to believe that anyone in this thread actually cares as much as this thread would lead you to believe.
It's the offseason. What else is there to talk about? Everyone has known the Celtics would win the NBA Finals for a month. The Stanley Cup finals are intriguing, I guess. LOL

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
Not surprising. CC gives off that type of vibe. A player can be very competitive while still being a good teammate, which Clark should learn quickly if she wants to gain the respect of her peers.

Imagine if a manager acted this way in an office setting. It creates a hostile environment, an environment nobody wants to be a part of.
I was going to say something along these lines. Once you are into high major NCAA division 1 sports and beyond, everybody is competitive. It's a freaking right of passage. If you lack that edge, you don't play, it's simple. Being competitive isn't an excuse for being a ****.

Reactions: Cyhig

Jnecker4cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 18, 2006
Ankeny, IA
I've already shared my opinion on it. I think it's actually a good thing for CC to get three weeks off to rest up, I'm not torn up about her not being on the team, to put her on you'd have to take someone off and everyone on that roster is more deserving at this point. I do think this team will get a fraction of the attention and coverage it would've gotten had CC been on the roster, but that would've probably been a big distraction to this coach and the other players with her getting all of the hype.
Who gets the extra attention, Clark or the whole Team USA if the answer is just Clark then they are making the correct decision.

qwerty

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 3, 2020
Muscatine, IA
She's 42 so it's likely her last one. CC will get plenty of Olympic opportunities.
Unless CC gets added to the team, her fans will claim that being left off this year will prevent her from getting the record # of gold (as DT will most likely get #6 this year). CC would have to be on 2028, 32, 36, 40, 44, 48 teams just to match her and that last one she would be 46 years old.
DT was fortunate as she made the team and won her first at age 22 and last (this year) at age 42.

• Informative
Reactions: khardbored

kcdc4isu

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 2, 2009
west of dm east of cb
Today it is the Olympics, next the all star team, being MVP in the all star game and the being named MVP for the season. If she fails at any of these her cult will be livid. As to the Olympics I ask the experts on here who do you leave off the initial selection group ( there are a couple who are currently injured or coming off injuries) but I see at least 5 players who should be ahead of her if you replace someone due to injury.

Reactions: jaj040

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
Gotta love The Onion.

cyclone13

Apr 7, 2009
Today it is the Olympics, next the all star team, being MVP in the all star game and the being named MVP for the season. If she fails at any of these her cult will be livid. As to the Olympics I ask the experts on here who do you leave off the initial selection group ( there are a couple who are currently injured or coming off injuries) but I see at least 5 players who should be ahead of her if you replace someone due to injury.
Don't forget the ESPYS, Academy Awards, Emmy Awards, Nobel Prize and JD Powers Truck of the Year. Her failure of winning any of these would cause her cult to be livid.

nfrine

Mar 31, 2006
Nearby

Didn't CC tell her dad to shut the f*** up?

Cardinal2001

Feb 14, 2007
Ames

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
Mentioning Clark in the same sentence as Jordon and Bryant is just laughable.

I try to bring up Harden.

He is a legendary player like him or not, he doesn't play much defense, his haters don't realize he has racked up a boatload of assists because of how high volume he is, he forces a lot of turnovers, and of course he embellishes all contact. Makes you wonder if he had a ponytail instead of a beard if he'd be beloved.

exCYtable

Apr 15, 2010
Just flipped over to KXNO. What a freaking train wreck. Sean Roberts acting like his dog just died and had some expert on to help everyone cope with the trauma. I honestly cant wait until that show is gone.