Time for a Real Discussion About Caitlin Clark

cycloneML

Mar 5, 2008
I can't even begin to count all the on-court issues that CC has been involved in. After the first several or so, the objective fan starts to realize there's a common denominator in all of them: CC. But the conspiracy folks will never let go of their conspiracy that the entire WNBA is out to get CC.
This is it. Combine this with her teammates not backing her up is telling.

Reactions: chadly82

chadly82

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 10, 2009
In what uinverse would that lead to an ejection if it were men?
She barely touched her too lol this reminds me of both times now she didn’t have any contact and then rattles her ear acting like someone hit her with a sledgehammer

qwerty

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 3, 2020
Muscatine, IA
She barely touched her too lol this reminds me of both times now she didn’t have any contact and then rattles her ear acting like someone hit her with a sledgehammer
Well, CC must have been held by her ear when dipped into the river Styx as a baby. The CC fan club makes her out to be infallible, so I figure the gods intervened at birth and anointed her the Goddess and Savior of Basketball. Thus anyone who even looks at her wrong, crosses the gods and will feel the Wrath of Clark (or at least her fan club).

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
CC is saving Fran’s job I think. Hawkeyes now talk like the WNBA is NFL level and have become totally quiet on the men’s.

The new AD is most likely a big fan of CC also since she’s kept the spotlight off another lawsuit.

cyclone13

Apr 7, 2009

"The delusional fanbase that follows her disrespected the WNBA players by saying she's going to go in that league and tear it apart....
These people are so disrespectful, so unknowledgeable and so stupid. The kid was set up for failure right from the beginning."

Last edited:

Pope

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 7, 2015
"The delusional fanbase that follows her disrespected the WNBA players by saying she's going to go in that league and tear it a part....
These people are so disrespectful, so unknowledgeable and so stupid. The kid was set up for failure right from the beginning."

That quote about Iowa fans comes from one of the greatest women's basketball coaches in history. It pretty much says it all.

ScottyP

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 24, 2007
Urbandale, IA

"The delusional fanbase that follows her disrespected the WNBA players by saying she's going to go in that league and tear it apart....

Geno was spot on about Caitlin and the fanbase. They fans were uninformed about the WNBA and assumed she would dominate right away. She probably will be a good player eventually, but it is a tremendous learning curve. Even players like Lebron and Kobe didn't dominate right away. I watched the full clip on Youtube and the comments were mostly from Hawk fans trying to defend themselves and called Geno "out of touch"

Reactions: MJ29

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you

Murph?
Not saying there aren't psycho fans out there, but the only video that's been released showing what actually happened here is pretty mild. Basically a dork recording Carter with his phone from a distance asking her if she's reached out to Caitlin Clark. The "de-escalation" was basically the security guy putting his hand in front of the guy's camera, lol.

mynameisjonas

Jan 19, 2019

Yikes! Blaming the fan base never works and it’s a horrible idea. Do I have a problem that he’s bashing the Hawkeye fan base? No. But that’s a general rule. Do not blame the fans. Dumb move by Geno.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
He also said CC was definitely being targeted by WNBA players.

Yep... and he's right. He also said that Paige will get the same thing next year.

I think there's differing definitions of "targeting" though. CC has gotten only 1 cheap shot so far... everything else is just physical play.

Geno was right about the media and CC's fans being delusional too... and I've pointed that out on here several times. I've gotten to feel a little bit sorry for CC for what the media and CC's fandom has done to her. She could have NEVER lived up to the unfair expectations and pressure that was constantly heaped on her. Saying she was like MJ and Tiger... really? People should be ashamed for making those comparisons.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron