Time for a Real Discussion About Caitlin Clark

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
What these women need to realize is it doesn't matter how good of a player she is, or if she is deserving in their eyes, CC is their golden goose. They've got a very short time to strike while the iron is hot, and the petty bs they keep pulling is ultimately hurting them, especially if she flames out.
Screw that prove it or sit. The chosen one treatment left when she left college.

frackincygy

Jul 13, 2015
Gifting all y'all this article in case you're limiting yourself to one CC thread.

The author might be more whiny than CC and I'm shocked she'd make it about race and sexuality coming from a highly reputable publication such as The WaPoo.

Also given this quote: "...ignorant to understand how heated competition works." I have to assume she'd be good with a star quarterback getting 'sacked' while standing in the huddle post-play or for a heavyweight to eat a punch after the bell has rung.

• Disagree
Reactions: Tailg8er

AlCyJim

Aug 11, 2022
I feel like the WNBA will be or already is trying to go full WWE with forced story lines and incidents like "The Shove" to spark interest in a crap product.
channel 8 sports it was a news story and the lead sports story. and some people can not understand why people are tired of this. My phone has 5 different stories about her getting assaulted. Athlon is the biggest pusher that I have seen driving the story and I don't know for sure who they are.

Pope

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 7, 2015
The author might be more whiny than CC and I'm shocked she'd make it about race and sexuality coming from a highly reputable publication such as The WaPoo.

Also given this quote: "...ignorant to understand how heated competition works." I have to assume she'd be good with a star quarterback getting 'sacked' while standing in the huddle post-play or for a heavyweight to eat a punch after the bell has rung.
I thought the article was spot on. Are you naive enough to suggest race has nothing to do with the CC/WNBA saga? And you're comparing a hip check with being tackled or punched? Seems a little exaggerated to me.

There's no doubt the hip check was definitely a flagrant foul, but there is one angle of video which shows CC knew the contact was coming and she exaggerated her fall (as usual). In this instance, I can't blame her for exaggerating the fall. Any good player would do that to make sure the foul is called. But don't pretend like you're being assaulted, especially when the video clearly shows you were trash talking to the other player on the way down the court right before the hip check occurred. As is usually true in sports, the person who starts the fight usually gets away with it while the person who retaliates is the one who gets penalized.

CYEATHAWK

Aug 26, 2007
I thought the article was spot on. Are you naive enough to suggest race has nothing to do with the CC/WNBA saga? And you're comparing a hip check with being tackled or punched? Seems a little exaggerated to me.

There's no doubt the hip check was definitely a flagrant foul, but there is one angle of video which shows CC knew the contact was coming and she exaggerated her fall (as usual). In this instance, I can't blame her for exaggerating the fall. Any good player would do that to make sure the foul is called. But don't pretend like you're being assaulted, especially when the video clearly shows you were trash talking to the other player on the way down the court right before the hip check occurred. As is usually true in sports, the person who starts the fight usually gets away with it while the person who retaliates is the one who gets penalized.

Lipsey and Gilbert have the "being assaulted" down to a science. And usually without even being touched. So let's not be to critical of CC. Also, trash talking is a part of sports. If that's all it takes to start a scrap.......you would see scrapping going on before, during and after every play. Games would never get finished. So if that's what you think "starts the fight"......think again.

The girl who checked CC has a history of being suspended or sat because of poor attitude or trying to start fights with teammates. I would say that is the problem plain and simple. And CC is the latest target for her BS being encouraged of course by that loser Angel. And if it is about race.....then you can just add that to her list of issues and just chalk it up to her being a first class full blown, five alarm d-bag.

• Dislike
Reactions: Cy4Lifer

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008

Bedard had his jaw broken. Tatis keeps getting pitches at his head. Jordan got physically abused his entire rookie year. I can guarantee you if Caleb Williams takes a late hit it's not going to elicit 2500 words from the Washington Post.

It was a dirty play but it's sports. Part of the game is mental and sending a message that it's not going to be an easy night for you is hardly a new thing. If you want to be taken seriously as a league, then let the players compete. Hold them to the same standard as the NBA, NFL, MLB or NHL.

Last edited:
Reactions: exCYtable

Cyballzz

Feb 1, 2010
Bedard had his jaw broken. Tatis keeps getting pitches at his head. Jordan got physically abused his entire rookie year. I can guarantee you if Caleb Williams takes a late hit it's not going to elicit 2500 words from the Washington Post.

It was a dirty play but it's sports. Part of the game is mental and sending a message that it's not going to be an easy night for you, and that's hardly a new thing. If you want to be taken seriously as a league, then let the players compete. Hold them to the same standard as the NBA, NFL, MLB or NHL.

Justin Fields (and other young QBs) take late hits like this at least once a game and they go unflagged... must not have been "assault" off the field since I never if saw a peep from the "Chicago Tribune Editorial Board" about it...

• Agree
Reactions: Cy4Lifer

Cyballzz

Feb 1, 2010
Lipsey and Gilbert have the "being assaulted" down to a science. And usually without even being touched. So let's not be to critical of CC. Also, trash talking is a part of sports. If that's all it takes to start a scrap.......you would see scrapping going on before, during and after every play. Games would never get finished. So if that's what you think "starts the fight"......think again.

The girl who checked CC has a history of being suspended or sat because of poor attitude or trying to start fights with teammates. I would say that is the problem plain and simple. And CC is the latest target for her BS being encouraged of course by that loser Angel. And if it is about race.....then you can just add that to her list of issues and just chalk it up to her being a first class full blown, five alarm d-bag.

I am curious; why Angel is a "loser"?

Cyhig

Nov 29, 2017
"They’d rather paint Clark as the victim of a silent whistle, allowing a growing cult of casuals to scream while storming the court and trashing up the conversation. The angriest of these fans are not here for the basketball, they just want to protect Caitlin Clark.
Just like we all should, apparently. Those in media who create lazy headlines, desperate for your clicks; the male pundits who suddenly want to share their passionate opinions about the WNBA; and the players, in a predominantly Black league, who are being asked to show deference to this White rookie’s popularity. But Clark doesn’t need to be coddled, especially when her army of supporters are the ones throwing a tantrum.

Well written article IMO. The "Clarkies" are very cult like. They will go to no end to try to protect their savior. When Clark gets knocked down, these people say it's assault. When Clark pushes a player to the floor (who also didn't have the ball), these same people say she's being a fierce competitor. There is no way to reason with these people. Clark is indeed their savior, no matter what she does

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
I am curious; why Angel is a "loser"?
She is, just take a look at her latest comments about having fomo that she is changing the league too, not just Caitlin! Super insecure. Fwiw, I think both girls are losers, whiners, and more or less products of the media hype machine and in CC's case, a coach that would just let her do whatever she wanted in college. I don't really like either of them. I can't even say I'm Team Reese, because I find everything she does and says to be cringey and jealousy induced spite and/or hatred. We've been talking a lot about how CC is looking a lot more human these days against the pro women's players, but completely ignoring the fact that Angel is literally just another 'big' in the WNBA. Nothing special.

joefrog

Apr 29, 2008
Clive, Iowa
I guess I just don't get the extremely tired aspect. I remember being 22 years old, working 10 hour days and then playing basketball 2-3 hours almost every day. I never felt "exhausted". How do players at that age not have energy/stamina for a 2 hour game every 2-3 days?
It isn't about physical energy, but mental.

Studies have shown that peak mental and emotional concentration can only be maintained for so long.

That is why there are letdown games in sports.

Pickup games aren't the same as nationally televised ones with tremendous media attention and exposure.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron