Time for a Real Discussion About Caitlin Clark

• Presidential Race Discussion - Please make sure to keep all discussion within the "Politics Forum" in order to keep the main forums civil and politics-free.
    You can opt-in to the Political Forum in your user settings - note that the change may take up to 2 hours to process.

TitanClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 21, 2008
That was against Seattle two days ago, lol.
That was classic CC playing victim. The other video of the player shouldering her is BS but that's going to happen when you act like she does. It happens in all sports men's and women's.

• Agree
Reactions: BWRhasnoAC

Mr.G.Spot

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 22, 2020
Yeah it's obvious she's affected you.
Yes, it has confirmed for the umpteenth time how hogeyes will never say or admit anything that is truthful about her that has been verified by visual and audio proof.

Also, u never answered why her teammates didn't warn her of the coming hit? It only only took 4-5 seconds to occur. I'll bet that locker room is unified. Lol.

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
and FTR I'm not saying that it shouldn't have been called a flagrant foul, because it clearly was. but the faux outrage by all of these fake fans online is as if someone put a gun to CC's head and pulled the trigger. to me this is 100% a "cry some more" situation.

Reactions: Cydkar and Cyhig

BWRhasnoAC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2013
Dez Moy Nez
The crazy died down after all angles were shown. At least no threats to hunt the fan down like the kid Pemsl plowed into in Cyclone Alley.

CC needed help off the floor after running into the fan, who just popped right up and continued on her way. Meanwhile, when CC wasn’t looking where she was running and ran into the brick wall that is Breanna Stewart, she popped right back up and kept playing.
Until she learns to shut her mouth, this will continue.

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
and FTR I'm not saying that it shouldn't have been called a flagrant foul, because it clearly was. but the faux outrage by all of these fake fans online is as if someone put a gun to CC's head and pulled the trigger. to me this is 100% a "cry some more" situation.

Sky player refusing to discuss her trash foul.

CC being the adult in the room and handling it with class:

"Yeah, I wasn't expecting that," Clark said. "But it's just like, respond, calm down and let your play do the talking. It is what it is. It's a physical game, go make the free throw and then execute on offense. Feel like that's what we did."

Mr.G.Spot

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 22, 2020

"Yeah, I wasn't expecting that," Clark said. "But it's just like, respond, calm down and let your play do the talking. It is what it is. It's a physical game, go make the free throw and then execute on offense. Feel like that's what we did."
Gonzoid - nobody has said she is dumb. She has made her bed and now gets it. She now realizes her own teammates won't warn her if impending hits. How about the blind screens that I have seen highlights of.....teammates are responsible for telling you it's happening. Her teammates are silent. Why?

For the record, she lies her ass off in the osu press conference about being hit and injured. Gene Smith took the high road and never commented about her lies after all the angles came out.

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
You can't make this **** up.... Chad L is on KXNO making all kinds of excuses for CC. Says she's playing great but her team is bad. Heather says the coach should be arrested.

Coach arrested? My God she's got bad takes but that my take the cake. LoL

Reactions: exCYtable

frackincygy

Jul 13, 2015
Well obviously she isn't, lol. Angel and the rest are so bitterly jealous of her. I wasn't talking about those "involved in the game." She's shattering viewership and attendance records because of everyone not "involved" in the game who are now interested because of her.
I've got to agree with Gonz. My in-laws went to the game today (they've become big CC fans) and they said they talked to fans (of both teams) from Alabama, Arkansas, Pennsylvania, New York, and the Carolinas who traveled to the game specifically to see CC play.

If she was still wearing the B&G I can't say I'd feel bad for her; but at this point she's graduated/ moved on and I've got nothing against the Fever.

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
Gonzoid - nobody has said she is dumb. She has made her bed and now gets it. She now realizes her own teammates won't warn her if impending hits. How about the blind screens that I have seen highlights of.....teammates are responsible for telling you it's happening. Her teammates are silent. Why?

For the record, she lies her ass off in the osu press conference about being hit and injured. Gene Smith took the high road and never commented about her lies after all the angles came out.
Wait, her teammates hate her?

Lol.

Hey, you go with whatever helps you sleep.

Cyhig

Nov 29, 2017

If CD was acting like an adult and playing with class, she wouldn’t be targeted in the first place. Maybe CC shouldn’t trash talk. Maybe CC shouldn’t yell at officials. Maybe CC shouldn’t flop endlessly.

Sorry Gonzo. CC doesn’t act like an adult and doesn’t have any class while on the court

Mr.G.Spot

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 22, 2020
Wait, her teammates hate her?

Lol.

Hey, you go with whatever helps you sleep.
Did I say that? Please reread what i said. Have u ever played basketball? It is very clear what is going on.

CySmurf

Jul 14, 2011
I've seen movies like this...main star gets put in awkward situation...
the situation abuses and treats main actor poorly...
Main actor finally does something to make the situation feel like main actor is one of them...
Main Actor and situation start winning and defeats bad persons

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI

Imagine that - a player at a press conference not wanting to waste her time at the podium answering questions about another player, especially one that's not on her team. And had she answered one question about CC, that's all the press conference would have been - questions about someone players are getting sick of fielding.

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
If CD was acting like an adult and playing with class, she wouldn’t be targeted in the first place. Maybe CC shouldn’t trash talk. Maybe CC shouldn’t yell at officials. Maybe CC shouldn’t flop endlessly.

Sorry Gonzo. CC doesn’t act like an adult and doesn’t have any class while on the court

I mean, when even her own team won't stand up for her (outside of her coach sending videos to the league office), I'd say that's a pretty good indicator even her own teammates don't think that highly of her. Anyone else and they would have gotten in what's her name's face about that hit from behind. Not to mention the coach said "I'm trying not to get fined..." If a coach really had her back she'd eat that fine - and yet she won't do it.

• Agree
Reactions: Mr.G.Spot and Cyhig

Dgilbertson

Sep 16, 2023
I’m pulling for her now that she’s graduated. She’s likely earned some of what’s coming her way but also feel like she’s getting the rough welcome. I can get behind someone facing that kind of adversity.

• Disagree
Reactions: WartburgClone

ISU_Guy

Jul 21, 2021
Des Moines

IDK...this kind of stuff is about the only thing i see in the regular NBA so I wouldn't just say it is her. My gosh, Luka is like 260lbs and acts like a rag doll the whole game. same with 30 other stars....drives me nuts.

and half these women post players cant even get off the ground on layups and throw their hands after every little contact. I think CC is just an easy target for everyone, but people need to realize that she has completely changed the value of their sport. CC is going to have to learn to be a target and how to handle it.

I also think she needs to get stronger. which is why i fricking laugh in anyones face saying any of these women should be playing in the NBA. just so uneducated when it comes to full grown men playing 3 feet above the rim. 3point contest, fine.....actual games, they would probably end up in a body bag.

cyclonespiker33

SuperFanatic
Jan 19, 2011

"I feel like I’m getting hammered, I don’t know. I appreciate Christie getting a tech too. I don’t know.”

• Dumb
Reactions: mynameisjonas