Time for a Real Discussion About Caitlin Clark

• Presidential Race Discussion - Please make sure to keep all discussion within the "Politics Forum" in order to keep the main forums civil and politics-free.
    You can opt-in to the Political Forum in your user settings - note that the change may take up to 2 hours to process.

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
I did just see a clip of a player shouldering her on the inbounds directly before the ball was even close to being entered.

There was some flopping but even if she stays standing that's a direct hit on the shoulder.

There's hard fouls and then there's just doing Iowa men's bball fake tough guy BS which isn't OK imo.
You mean this?

Just a basketball play.

Cloned4Life

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 5, 2006
Nothing Clark hasn't done to players in the past. She got away with it every time.
When I did watch her, I agree.

She was rarely punished for pushing or shouldering other players.

She was consistently given the benefit of the doubt, i.e. “love the aggression” “she just wants to win, being chippy is part of her toughness as a winner!”

She was consistently rewarded for flopping, falling over, etc. It got to the point where, if she needed/wanted to points - she just had to fall over. The game in Hilton this year was a tough watch. She, at times, seemed to officiate herself. I’ve rarely seen anything so egregious.

Does she deserve ‘bullying’ and hard hits and cheap shots in the pros? No, of course not, no one does. She also doesn’t deserve the treatment she received in college, no one does.

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
That was a cheap shot. What was the context around that?
Lol, the context was that CC has brought more viewership and attention to the WNBA than it's ever had and these trash players are jealous. Meanwhile, because of her, they're playing in sold out NBA arenas, flying charter, getting endorsement deals they'd never have otherwise gotten. So yeah, it makes perfect sense to hate on her. Lol.

cycloneML

Mar 5, 2008

She was consistently given the benefit of the doubt, i.e. “love the aggression” “she just wants to win, being chippy is part of her toughness as a winner!”

She was consistently rewarded for flopping, falling over, etc. It got to the point where, if she needed/wanted to points - she just had to fall over. The game in Hilton this year was a tough watch. She, at times, seemed to officiate herself. I’ve rarely seen anything so egregious.

Does she deserve ‘bullying’ and hard hits and cheap shots in the pros? No, of course not, no one does. She also doesn’t deserve the treatment she received in college, no one does.
Teammates not running to the rescue speaks volumes.

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you

Show me one clip where CC has done anything like what the Sky player did to her.

• Dumb
Reactions: WartburgClone

Cyched

CF Influencer
May 8, 2009
Denver, CO
The party some of you will throw the minute she goes down with a season-ending injury will be legend.

200w.gif