Tiller playing in the Pinstripe?

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

cyhiphopp

Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
Ankeny
He doesn't need to showcase what he can do, he already has the job.

There will be a LOT of tOSU fans watching our game. If they don't like what they see, it will shorten his leash with the Buckeyes. A lot of their fans have never heard of Herman and they will be watching him going forward. He has something to prove. Heck, Meyer could pick up another good offensive assistant and change Herman to passing game coordinator (Co-OC) if he wants to.

Cybyassociation

Mar 5, 2008

RustShack

Chiefs Dynasty
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 27, 2010
Overland Park
There will be a LOT of tOSU fans watching our game. If they don't like what they see, it will shorten his leash with the Buckeyes. A lot of their fans have never heard of Herman and they will be watching him going forward. He has something to prove. Heck, Meyer could pick up another good offensive assistant and change Herman to passing game coordinator (Co-OC) if he wants to.

Hes not going to get fired from OSU for preparing for his OSU season instead of his ISU Bowl game. Auburn fans didn't like that Chiz was getting hired after two ****** years at ISU, they didn't fire him because of the fans opinion.

cyhiphopp

Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
Ankeny
Hes not going to get fired from OSU for preparing for his OSU season instead of his ISU Bowl game. Auburn fans didn't like that Chiz was getting hired after two ****** years at ISU, they didn't fire him because of the fans opinion.

I'm just saying that this bowl game will be his first impression for most tOSU fans watching. A lot of fans are already saying WTF. If we come out and play like crap offensively, they will question the hire even more. Then, if tOSU has some struggles imstalling the spread the first year or two, Herman will be all but gone. Boosters, espeically at tOSU, have a lot of sway. If they are really unhappy after a year or two, they can put pressure on Meyer to make changes.

Now, if ISU comes out and moves the ball efficiently and scores 35 points in the bowl game, a decent number of tOSU fans will have their opinion of him improve. That helps him. Also, since he has commited to coaching this game, he will want to have ISU perform well so it improves his reputation. His end goal is to be a head coach. Every move he makes, including giving his all for ISU in his last game, will be scrutinized by a future AD (if they do their homework). Word travels in the coaching fraternity. If TH mails it in and ISU stalls out in the bowl game, people will find out why and it might hurt his future. TH seems to be a professional and I think he will give a lot of effort for the Pinstripe.

That's just my opinion though.

RustShack

Chiefs Dynasty
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 27, 2010
Overland Park
I would assume most OSU fans would realize its Meyer running the show on offense and hes holding Hermans hand anyways, but maybe you are right.

Not saying Herman needs his hand held, I think hes going to be successful with that type of talent even if Meyer were to for some reason completely stay out of the offense.

I do see what you are saying, but if I were an OSU fan I'd rather him have our offense ready to roll next year instead of one game with ISU.

RustShack

Chiefs Dynasty
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 27, 2010
Overland Park
But I do hope Herman is mostly focusing on Rutgers. Don't get me wrong. But I'm not going to be a blind homer and say hes "all in"

cyhiphopp

Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
Ankeny
But I do hope Herman is mostly focusing on Rutgers. Don't get me wrong. But I'm not going to be a blind homer and say hes "all in"

WOOOHOOO. Blind Homers RULE!

Simpsons_Donuts-l.jpg

bosco

Dec 21, 2008
Des Moines

I have concerns not about Herman's intent but of exactly how much he can put in. But it will totally behoove Herman not to put forth his best effort. This Bowl game is on ESPN, a lot of people will be watching. In weird way it might benefit ISU since there will certainly be more people watching now if TH didn't get the OC job.

Cybyassociation

Mar 5, 2008
The only reason I wouldnt want Tiller to play is that he hasnt had any in game experience at receiver. At this point in the season, you dont take those types of risks.

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com
why would you think he will even get a chance? he is 3rd string now, let his team down and does not deserve pt. I would be surprised if he gets to go to nyc.

I'm not saying either way. I'm saying that I'm OK with it if the coaches feel he's served his penalty and the school says he's eligible.

The guys who commit crimes let their team down as well. They paid less than Tiller did. If the coaches and school are fine with it, I'm fine with it. If he earns his way onto the field, then they must see something.

If he doesn't get to go or doesn't get to play, I'm fine with that, too.

Reactions: cyhiphopp

cy4prez7

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 18, 2010
Des Moines
I'm not saying either way. I'm saying that I'm OK with it if the coaches feel he's served his penalty and the school says he's eligible.

The guys who commit crimes let their team down as well. They paid less than Tiller did. If the coaches and school are fine with it, I'm fine with it. If he earns his way onto the field, then they must see something.

If he doesn't get to go or doesn't get to play, I'm fine with that, too.

Gary isn't out of the water yet. CPR said he may pursue more action if needed.

ketelmeister

Oct 24, 2006
If Tiller has had a good attitude, can help the team and is ready, I'd play him. We are short at receiver as it is, special teams can always use speed, and he can throw the option pass if needed. I hope he can help, would be fun to watch!

Al_4_State

Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
Driftless Region
Visit site
IMO, being academically ineligible is a bigger deal than having a few too many drinks or smoking some grass.

That said, I wouldn't have much of a problem with him playing, as grades should be back by the game, he's been practicing the whole off-season, and we'll know if he got his **** together or not.

megamanxzero35

May 31, 2011
Sitting out the whole season was punishment enough.

I would love to see him play if he is ready and contribute. You know those option pass plays that we run with Reynolds and Lenz? Imagine Tiller throwing that pass. Rutgers would have no tape on him which would make preparing for him difficult.

RustShack

Chiefs Dynasty
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 27, 2010
Overland Park
Sitting out the whole season was punishment enough.

I would love to see him play if he is ready and contribute. You know those option pass plays that we run with Reynolds and Lenz? Imagine Tiller throwing that pass. Rutgers would have no tape on him which would make preparing for him difficult.

Would be sick, if he was good at throwing the ball in the first place.

kcclone33

Dec 15, 2008
Ames
Call me crazy I'd be harder on the kid that robbed someone with a BB gun than with a kid who failed his math class.

That is not the class he failed. There is no way in hell he should've gotten less than 100% in the class he failed. That said, leave if up to the staff and players to decide if he should contribute. If it were up to me, let him play(if he's eligible and can help us, which i think he could).