Tidbit: Young LB turning heads on scout team

ChrisMWilliams

Publisher
Staff member
Bookie
Apr 10, 2006
Bondurant, Iowa
www.CycloneFanatic.com
I'll write about this more later in the week but thought I would throw it out to you all to discuss today. I probably interviewed 10 players/coaches yesterday and one name was brought up to me twice, by Wally Burnham and Jeremiah George. I wasn't even fishing for it.

Both men raved about Brian Mills.

Again, I'll give quotes and what not here in the next few days but wanted to throw it out there. It sounds like Mills is a guy who could play next season if he has to.

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
Also, what are you hearing about Alton Meeks?

Stormin

Apr 11, 2006
Candidate to take Broomfield's spot it appears. About the same size.

CloneIce

Apr 11, 2006
Has he grown into real LB size or is he more of a nickelback? If I recall he was listed at around 190 lbs. when we were recruiting him last year.

Lots of playing time available at LB, it would be good to see some of the young players step up. Very concerning that none of the RS FR were able to crack the LB rotation this year (edit, other than Knott), given our deficiencies at the position and Knott's injury. Hopefully a couple of the guys redshirting this year like Mills will give us some good snaps next year.

Last edited:

UNIGuy4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 11, 2009
I wouldnt discount Justin Madison, I have heard some good things about him.

NickTheGreat

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 17, 2012
Central Iowa
Interesting. I always enjoy watching the LB's and we've had some pretty darn good ones, especially these last few years.

Frak

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2009
Has he grown into real LB size or is he more of a nickelback? If I recall he was listed at around 190 lbs. when we were recruiting him last year.

Lots of playing time available at LB, it would be good to see some of the young players step up. Very concerning that none of the RS FR were able to crack the LB rotation this year (edit, other than Knott), given our deficiencies at the position and Knott's injury. Hopefully a couple of the guys redshirting this year like Mills will give us some good snaps next year.

I think that Mills was recruited to take over the SAM spot after Brackens graduates. Although in the current class, I think that Northrup is going to play the same spot and should give him a run.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron