THT out for the summer league

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

Rabbuk

Mar 1, 2011
or you can get 1$+ million guaranteed this year like THT will and if he washes out in the NBA (not likely, as he'll get multiple chances) he can play professionally overseas for 10+ years then go back to college and finish out his degree.
I don't know if Talen would have stayed at ISU knowing he'd be picked 46th but he still will be be paid and be able to help his family. Lindell and Cam are examples that probably should have stayed but both felt like they were done with college and prepared to take the long road to the NBA, They all made the choice best for them.
Think Cams ability to stay is overstated

BWRhasnoAC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2013
Dez Moy Nez
I'm old school...but I think there is more exposure in college...and since none of them will be playing for a living in 10 - 20 years...having a free college education isn't going to hurt them as they try to put food on the table.

Unless you're a lottery pick, it's probably best to stay in college if you can afford to, and stay eligible.
He's going to make as much as most people make in their whole life in two years. Not a bad choice.

CycloneAS93

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 31, 2017
or you can get 1$+ million guaranteed this year like THT will and if he washes out in the NBA (not likely, as he'll get multiple chances) he can play professionally overseas for 10+ years then go back to college and finish out his degree.
I don't know if Talen would have stayed at ISU knowing he'd be picked 46th but he still will be be paid and be able to help his family. Lindell and Cam are examples that probably should have stayed but both felt like they were done with college and prepared to take the long road to the NBA, They all made the choice best for them.
2nd round picks aren't guaranteed contracts, and he hasn't signed one yet.

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis
2nd round picks aren't guaranteed contracts, and he hasn't signed one yet.

Most sign guaranteed contracts, considering THT was the Lakers only pick and they paid for the pick specifically to get him I am sure Klutch will get him his money (and theirs) for a couple of years.

for example
@MikeAScotto The Golden State Warriors signed Eric Paschall, the No. 41 pick of the 2019 draft, to a 3-year, $4.2 million deal, league sources told @TheAthleticNBA. The deal is fully guaranteed.

Last edited: