THT Going into the Draft

RezClone

Mar 2, 2013
Pine Ridge Indian Reservation, SD
I think rumor was first year $800,000 and maybe $1.5 mil next year.
Close to 900,000 first year. Probably first year guaranteed which is standard but there's a good chance the Lakers are in this for some time at least a few years based on their investment to get him. However, needs to prove himself a little bit when he gets into the court likely in the G league of course because 1.5 isn't nothing for a capped out team.

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis
I think Marial’s story might actually be a bigger selling point. Either way, both are good tools for Prohm to use.

Both will help on the recruiting trail. Shayok for the future Transfers (grad & 1 year sit outs) and Horton-Tucker for the top high school players and Monte/Georges for 4 year type too. Nice resume of getting players to the NBA Prohm is building.

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
I never hated THT going -- he made the most sense to go, after all.

I just thought there were downsides and a case either way.

Falling into the second-round and his injury are less than ideal for him and could have posed problems elsewhere, but it seems to have worked out very well for him with LA.

So... Great!!!

I hope he has a long and productive career and turns into the next Trevor Ariza.

Whoever said one of those legendary LeBron stinkeyes might discourage him from ever taking one of those awful step-back, contested threes again wins all the points.

Last edited:

mynameisjonas

Jan 19, 2019
THT proved the critics wrong. This proves he made the right decision, good for him. (I'm assuming at least year 1 is guaranteed money, haven't heard the details of what is guaranteed)

• Agree
Reactions: clones8232

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
Suck it hated s

You're a ******* idiot Not one Clone fan didn't wish him well. Questioning the decision doesn't make you a hater.

A. Laker front office really ****** up again. SHOCKER! If they were going to sign THT all along they needed to leave another spot for a big. They say the final spot is for a buyout vet. That crop looks like mainly wings. The Lakers are way too thin up front when you consider Boogie's injuries and JaVale's medical condition. It's quite possible they will have stretches where AD is the only option at the 5.

B. and most important, good for Talen hopefully he sees "that" money is only life changing in the short term and strives to reach his full potential reaping those rewards.

Cyched

CF Influencer
May 8, 2009
Denver, CO
You're a ******* idiot Not one Clone fan didn't wish him well. Questioning the decision doesn't make you a hater.

A. Laker front office really ****** up again. SHOCKER! If they were going to sign THT all along they needed to leave another spot for a big. They say the final spot is for a buyout vet. That crop looks like mainly wings. The Lakers are way too thin up front when you consider Boogie's injuries and JaVale's medical condition. It's quite possible they will have stretches where AD is the only option at the 5.

B. and most important, good for Talen hopefully he sees "that" money is only life changing in the short term and strives to reach his full potential reaping those rewards.

Why’d you take it personally then?

• Funny
  • Winner
Reactions: srjclone and ComCY