This trend in road games is really bugging me

AlCyJim

Aug 11, 2022
This is becoming a real issue. Love BRE & the idea behind it, but wow it is EXTREMELY noticeable when he is on the court, & not in a good way. Jazz can't come back soon enough. Keep Rob to 5-10 mins a game MAYBE if he's contributing something - otherwise the big rotation needs to be Osun, Tre, & Jazz. I'd rather see Hasan in there but he must have pissed TJ off at some point.
BRE is good for the 2 minutes before timeouts.to rest Osun. I feel if he is down low one on one he is better but don't pass the ball in when he is double teamed. this is where Lipsey needs to shoot the ball. Just my opinion not trying to coach. and he made his 2 freethrows

Last edited:

CYEATHAWK

Aug 26, 2007
BRE is good for the 2 minutes before timeouts.to rest Osun. I feel if he is down low one on one he is better but don't pass the ball in when he is double teamed. this is where Lipsey needs to shoot the ball. Just my opinion not trying to coach. and he made his 2 freethrows

Bob is Bob..........and that's all Bob is going to be. This level right now is a bit over his head.

The trend with Lipsey however needs to end. He can shoot that shot........saw it in high school. This team isn't good enough on the offensive end to allow the other team to have a "rover" on defense.

He needs to start shooting that three. With the turnover problems lately, him missing a few isn't going to hurt a thing. And if a few go down.........it once again brings the opponent out and have to play ISU 5 on 5.

swiacy

Apr 9, 2009
Johnny Orr had a point guard from a small town in Kansas who was a good athlete and Orr would absolutely not let him shoot the ball. Jacy Hollaway I think. He would be inside the free throw line in the key and the home crowd would be yelling “shoot, shoot” and he wouldn’t even look at the rim. Lipsey at least can drive the hole. He makes good dishes on drives to the basket to our bigs and half the time they screw it up.

McKinney

Feb 1, 2012
McKinney, TX
Johnny Orr had a point guard from a small town in Kansas who was a good athlete and Orr would absolutely not let him shoot the ball. Jacy Hollaway I think. He would be inside the free throw line in the key and the home crowd would be yelling “shoot, shoot” and he wouldn’t even look at the rim. Lipsey at least can drive the hole. He makes good dishes on drives to the basket to our bigs and half the time they screw it up.
And when Jacy started to show teams he could make a wide-open, set-shot, 3-pointer from the top of the key, it opened up everyone else.

• Agree
Reactions: CYEATHAWK

Bestaluckcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 25, 2009

Wasn’t that when Tim Floyd was coach?

rochclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 28, 2009
Yep, it was Floyd that didn’t allow him to shoot. And tried to run him off every year.
Jacy was allowed to shoot much more his Junior and Senior years. But in watching the game Monday it did give me flashbacks to 1995.

cayin

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
Yep, it was Floyd that didn’t allow him to shoot. And tried to run him off every year.
He played for Orr his freshmen year, shared time with another freshman, Kimbrough. Floyd tried to recruit over him, but he kept beating out whoever they brought in. Jacy wasn't flashy, just steady and made the smart play, and rarely turned it over. The native Kansan hit one of the most famous shots in Cyclone basketball history. In the last Big 8 Championship game against KU, he stepped up and hit huge 3 at a crucial juncture late in the game. If they call the push off on Cameron Dollar on Jacy, we are in the Elite 8

NILversusCFL

Dec 1, 2022
This is not new. Johnny won 18% of their conference road games. If not at KU, the TV lights just aren't bright enough.

ClonerJams

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 26, 2022
This is not new. Johnny won 18% of their conference road games. If not at KU, the TV lights just aren't bright enough.
I think the frustrating part is defense is supposed to travel, and its not for this team.

fsanford

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 22, 2007
Los Angeles
Adrenaline helps a team with tired legs, that shot does not exist on the road. At home the crowd inoculates this team with it

PizzaTheHutt

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 6, 2014
Not going to lie that Tech loss broke me in a way a sporting event has never broken me before. As a fan it’s made me rethink sports and my life.

This season felt like a sunny day on a beach and that game was a tsunami without warning.

Hopefully the team can bounce back.

• Haha
Reactions: isufbcurt