This program is in trouble, CPR's in over his head

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

Wilson

Sep 15, 2013
This is NOT where a successful program is in year FIVE of a coaches leadership. Year FIVE is when things are supposed to come together. I think CPR is a decent motivator, he's a decent game day coach, and he's a great teacher, but he's a failure as a head coach and recruiter. He did a decent job with the guys Chizik left in the cupboard in years one and two but years three and four frankly were disappointing. Year five is an unmitigated disaster. Iowa State football is again a doormat of the B12 and quite frankly an embarrassment. Hell I'd take a lifetime of DMac overt his garbage.

Judoka

Jun 16, 2010
Timbuktu
**** happens. There are six games left and luckily for us there were a whole lot of upsets for ESPN to talk about instead of Baylor.

CyBobby

Oct 18, 2006
Central Iowa
I do think its a little to late to re litigate the danny mac era at Iowa State. Next year will tell if CPR should stay or go, which is a decision for Jamie. Jamie is the only one who gets to make the decision on the direction of this program.

State43

Nov 22, 2010
Omaha, NE
Clemson got crushed last night and they were #3 in the nation. Is their staff in over their heads?
dumb thread is dumb.

Stormin

Apr 11, 2006
This is NOT where a successful program is in year FIVE of a coaches leadership. Year FIVE is when things are supposed to come together. I think CPR is a decent motivator, he's a decent game day coach, and he's a great teacher, but he's a failure as a head coach and recruiter. He did a decent job with the guys Chizik left in the cupboard in years one and two but years three and four frankly were disappointing. Year five is an unmitigated disaster. Iowa State football is again a doormat of the B12 and quite frankly an embarrassment. Hell I'd take a lifetime of DMac overt his garbage.

Good grief. We are a young team who got beat by a Baylor team that was on a roll.

You lost ALL credibility when you tried to give credit to Chizik. Jake Knott was the first CPR recruit who Chizik did not even offer. And some of our RS Seniors are holdovers from the last Chizik recruiting efforts when he left us shortly before signing day. To think that the younger CPR recruits are earning starting jobs and playing time over the older recruits bodes well for our program. We got our butts kicked in WACO. No doubt. But we are young. We are having growing pains. We will get better. These kind of beat downs happened regularly in the Mac and Chizik eras.

So for you to sit there and say that you long for the days of the Chizik Era is a bit ridiculous. We are struggling right now. But long term I still have faith. We hit a juggernaut in Baylor which had a great night and we had a terrible night.

Reactions: InCytful and Aclone

State43

Nov 22, 2010
Omaha, NE
71-7 crushed? 714 yards to 174 yards crushed? I don't think so.
The number 3 team in the nation was down 40+ When FSU let up off the gas. To me, that would be more embarrassing. The game sucked but good grief, people on here are ********.

Stormin

Apr 11, 2006
I do think its a little to late to re litigate the danny mac era at Iowa State. Next year will tell if CPR should stay or go, which is a decision for Jamie. Jamie is the only one who gets to make the decision on the direction of this program.

This is sheer stupidity to question whether CPR should stay or go. CPR stays......no question. CPR is the right man for the ISU job. Period. End of discussion.

Reactions: CycloneVet

cytown

Aug 8, 2012
Naperville, IL
Here come the chicken little's. OP needs to grow and a pair and a brain. This team is young and Baylor is a legit national title team. Two major takeaways from last night: (1) this team has room to grow and (2) if a ******** football program like Baylor can turn it around, so can we. 6 games left, all winnable. It's not time to start running off CPR like we did Danny Mac. ****** people....this program is going to have rebuilding years. If you can't take that, GTFO and go root for Oregon or Alabama.

Reactions: InCytful

UNIGuy4Cy

Nov 11, 2009
I will say this, the fan base turning against Paul Rhoads is starting to increase weekly. It's showing on here steadily, it's being said at the bars my wife and I went to to watch the game last night, and it's going to start showing in attendance starting this week.

Reactions: CyBobby

cytown

Aug 8, 2012
Naperville, IL
I will say this, the fan base turning against Paul Rhoads is starting to increase weekly. It's showing on here steadily, it's being said at the bars my wife and I went to to watch the game last night, and it's going to start showing in attendance starting this week.

And when we chase CPR off and win 5 games over a 4 year period "turning the corner" with another coach, those idiot fans can look in the mirror and thank themselves.

Rabbuk

Mar 1, 2011
Here come the chicken little's. OP needs to grow and a pair and a brain. This team is young and Baylor is a legit national title team. Two major takeaways from last night: (1) this team has room to grow and (2) if a ******** football program like Baylor can turn it around, so can we. 6 games left, all winnable. It's not time to start running off CPR like we did Danny Mac. ****** people....this program is going to have rebuilding years. If you can't take that, GTFO and go root for Oregon or Alabama.
Where did you see either of those two points last night?

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006

I think people are getting a little tired of all the coach speak to from Rhoads. I think they would respect him more if he came out and didn't say things like.... "we are young and we are injured." Or.... "we've been looking good in practice, and I thought we were ready to play." Or.... "we're getting better." Or.... "the effort was there." Or.... "I'm still hearing great things coming out of the players and coaches."

I understand he wants to be positive, but I wish he'd just come out and say that this crap has to change and that it is completely unacceptable to lose like this to anyone. Rhoads has plenty of fire in him, but it doesn't come out when talking about his own team usually.

If he could be as fiery about his own team's performance as he was about the refs in the Texas game, I think I'd respect him more. What would it hurt to say.... "the OL was completely inept tonight and it had better get fixed."? Show that you are ticked off about it. Don't say.... "well we gave it our best effort, but that just wasn't good enough tonight. We'll get back after it tomorrow."

That's getting old quick for me.

agardini

Nov 12, 2009
I think people are getting a little tired of all the coach speak to from Rhoads. I think they would respect him more if he came out and didn't say things like.... "we are young and we are injured." Or.... "we've been looking good in practice, and I thought we were ready to play." Or.... "we're getting better." Or.... "the effort was there." Or.... "I'm still hearing great things coming out of the players and coaches."

I understand he wants to be positive, but I wish he'd just come out and say that this crap has to change and that it is completely unacceptable to lose like this to anyone. Rhoads has plenty of fire in him, but it doesn't come out when talking about his own team usually.

If he could be as fiery about his own team's performance as he was about the refs in the Texas game, I think I'd respect him more. What would it hurt to say.... "the OL was completely inept tonight and it had better get fixed."? Show that you are ticked off about it. Don't say.... "well we gave it our best effort, but that just wasn't good enough tonight. We'll get back after it tomorrow."

That's getting old quick for me.

So you would want rhoads to rip on his players in front of the nation? I'm all for saying that the players need some improvement but saying a group of players are inept in front of the media and the nation would be the wrong thing to do.