This never happens in baseball....

PhillipJCY

Mar 7, 2012
New New York
Soccer is a really tough sport... As long as your definition of tough includes prancing around on a field, then flopping & faking an injury every time someone comes within 5 feet of you.

The only reason soccer fans are so nuts is because it's played in poor countries that can't afford to play real sports, that require more equipment than a crappy old ball.

The flopping used to be a pretty legit knock on soccer, but now it seems to be more prevalent in the NBA. It is still an issue in some areas and with some leagues, but flopping has declined in general. Some would argue that "prancing" around for 90 minutes takes more athletic ability than standing in your position and grabbing at your crotch for 9 innings and maybe running the bases once or twice per game.

The "only poor/dirty countries play soccer cause all they need is a ball" narrative is dumb. I am sure every kid in these same countries can find a decent sized stick and round rock to play baseball if they wanted to. They don't.

CyArob

Why are you the way that you are?
Apr 22, 2011
MN
Cubs, that is some quality trolling. Good work out of you.

• Agree
Reactions: Cy$

Wally86

Oct 23, 2008
Central Iowa
Finally, I would like to say that if the Cubs were to ever meet the Yankees or Red Sox in the World Series and met in Game 7, it would beat any Game 7 that you could make up for the NBA.

Thats right. Even if you have the Lakers vs. the Celtics, I would still bet the Cubs vs. Yankees/Sox world series game 7 would bring in more viewers/make the sport more popular.

If that ever happened the Cubs would lose one nill.

erikbj

Aug 31, 2006
hiawatha, ia
I came for the decapitation story and all I got was this crappy baseball vs soccer argument

let's discuss the quartering...........if that became a new punishment - would crime go down? Or better yet, put the quartering on PPV and use the proceeds to pay down on the national debt.

does that get us back on topic?:smile:

CtownCyclone

Really Strong Cardinals
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 20, 2010
Where they love the governor
let's discuss the quartering...........if that became a new punishment - would crime go down? Or better yet, put the quartering on PPV and use the proceeds to pay down on the national debt.

does that get us back on topic?:smile:

You could almost make it a game show-type environment. You could have guys like American Gladiators who compete to see who can actually get the guy and quarter him. Vegas would love it - you could bet on which guy would finally do the deed.

Just make sure you don't convict an innocent guy. They might fight back.

The-Running-Man1.jpg