This is exactly what I feared. …. Crap

I@ST1

Dec 15, 2020
Couple of reasons, just like every other conference, the payout should go up without OU and UT, and 2nd, we will have more games to put on a network moving from 10 to 12.

If the Big 12 ends up with only 10 to 15 million per team, we have just become a better version of the AAC.

If the B12 ends up with only 10-15 million… cuts will be coming. Major cuts to the AD.

Beyerball

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
Texas
I expect the Big 12 to get a lowball offer from ESPN and I fear we don’t have any better options. Big 10 teams will make 66.7 million per school. How much will the Big 12 teams make with their new deal? 10-15 million?

The Big 12 could create own network...with their own PPV App...have each school purchase their own 4k cameras...and make $15 Mil per team alone..

Big 12 is going to make at a minimum $25 Mil a year...Minimum.

Now that isn't $70 Mil per team like the BIG...but the Big 12 is going to be fine..

More than fine...matter of fact I think the Big 12 in 3-4 years is going to be one of the best conferences to watch in both Fball and basketball.

Basketball the conference is going to be ELITE.

Don't get me wrong Big 12 Ad's would love $70 mil a year but you have to spend it.

What are they going to spend it on?

Put Gold on top of Carver? Iowa has brand new practice facilites...Indoor facilities...Just renovated Kinnick.

They aren't going to pay Kirk anymore than he's making...or Fran.

So everyone freaking out thinking it is somehow going to seperate Iowa relax. It ain't

Kinch

Sep 19, 2021
Sounds like Michigan's resurgence is a big reason. The top two games watched this year involve Michigan. Have to think the Big 12 will come out OK.

iowastatefan1929

Oct 26, 2006
Friendly Spartan feeling real high and mighty cause his team made the Big 10 but we are secretly plotting something that will change the game and we are taking everyone one but the 2 big conferences with us, and we dont care that you will have bigger productions, because its going to be so darn temporary. The great thing about Earth is once you think you are on top your humbling is close at hand.

Die4Cy

Jan 2, 2010
Friendly Spartan feeling real high and mighty cause his team made the Big 10 but we are secretly plotting something that will change the game and we are taking everyone one but the 2 big conferences with us, and we dont care that you will have bigger productions, because its going to be so darn temporary. The great thing about Earth is once you think you are on top your humbling is close at hand.

I'll have what he's having.

FriendlySpartan

Jul 26, 2021
The Big 12 could create own network...with their own PPV App...have each school purchase their own 4k cameras...and make $15 Mil per team alone..

Now that isn't $70 Mil per team like the BIG...but the Big 12 is going to be fine..

More than fine...matter of fact I think the Big 12 in 3-4 years is going to be one of the best conferences to watch in both Fball and basketball.

Don't get me wrong Big 12 Ad's would love $70 mil a year but you have to spend it.

Put Gold on top of Carver? Iowa has brand new practice facilites...Indoor facilities...Just renovated Kinnick.

So everyone freaking out thinking it is somehow going to seperate Iowa relax. It ain't
This is the best take on things. At some point there just isnt anything else to spend money on for football and basketball. The 80ish mil a year the BIG schools will get will just make it easier to upgrade facilities and pay AD salaries, thats kinda it. Unless USC goes on a tear and makes the Pac relevant again in a major way the Big12 is easily the 3rd best football conference and best basketball conference. It is getting harder and harder for networks to get eyeballs for ads and cfb is one of the best ways to capture peoples attention. New deal will be close to 35-40mil per school from whoever doesn't get the big ten deal.

• Agree
Reactions: NWICY and BCClone

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
I'm assuming that this was meant as an exaggeration, as I don't think there's reason for this much pessimism yet. But it is very much an open question in my mind what happens to fan support when the B1G and SEC win these massive deals and we're just treading water to keep what we have - which in reality means we're falling even further behind. If we're locked out of the top tier, and seemingly have no pathway to get there...it seems like a tough sell to fans.

I guess it depends on what you mean by fans? Personally if we are in a competitive conference, I'll keep tuning in I'm actually a fan of the Cyclones 1st and college sports 2nd. If it's not in conference I'll tune in for a big game but for the most part depends on what else I've got going that day. As long as we are competitive and put a decent product on the field, court and mat I'll keep supporting ISU regardless of the perceived "level" we are at. Even with all the mega money being thrown into these deals you really haven't seen the rest of the conference catch up to the elites in the B1G and SEC.

Reactions: Jkclone15

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you

IFY9uX8.gif

• Agree
Reactions: besserheimerphat

twojman

Jun 1, 2006
Clive
Big 12 will have two new deals before ACC gets another one. Nobody cares or watches Pac-12, Big 12 will be third in pecking order.

DeereClone

Nov 16, 2009

They will tell their donors they don’t need as much for general donations to the AD and to instead spend that money on NIL to buy the best athletes.

SEIOWA CLONE

Dec 19, 2018

EIU still owes major dollars from the North Endzone project at Kinnick, they are building a new only wrestling facility, but that is supposed to be paid for with private funds.

So the extra revenue will go into things like recruiting for all the major sports and building up facility for programs like baseball, bringing back the sports they cut last year, or adding a sport like hockey.

The Big 12 teams need to stay in the ballpark revenue wise, if the new media deal give each school 25 to 30 million its doable, if its 10 to 15 million a team, then cuts will have to be make and any improvements to JTS would have to postponed. Like adding a new press box with plenty of boxes or limited seating areas to sell, which is where the money is being made today.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron