This is bad news for Ku hoops ...

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
Man, Georgia Tech thought it would help that they decided to work with the NCAA and not fight it. Guess they were wrong.
Interesting tidbit to me was that this is the second or third time I think Wendell Carter has been mentioned in connection to impermissible benefits and contact. He is mentioned here, he was also mentioned having meetings with Christian Dawkins in HS and I know he also met with Rich Paul and Lebron in HS. So what did Duke do for this kid? Also interesting that this is yet another Duke player tied to possible NCAA violations, the others being Bagley and Zion.
Also, NCAA idiocy is on display in there as well. Georgia Tech violated a rule for giving a kid and his family a parking pass on a visit? Come on, NCAA. That's some dumb ass **** right there. I hope more states start passing the California law.

Snitches get stitches. Strangely enough the NCAA gave the first round of stitches this time.

CysRage

Oct 18, 2009
I just heard an interesting rumor from some K-State folks who are pretty reliable but take this FWIW. Kansas is closely watching how this California pay for play law shakes out but they want to open a satellite campus in California with a very limited, select enrollment. This enrollment will have full access to the main KU campus extracurricular activities including...Kansas Men's Basketball.. This seems so unbelievable but with what we saw Kansas do with Snoop Dogg, nothing would surprise me of what they consider ethical.

• Informative
Reactions: Sirkruser

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
I just heard an interesting rumor from some K-State folks who are pretty reliable but take this FWIW. Kansas is closely watching how this California pay for play law shakes out but they want to open a satellite campus in California with a very limited, select enrollment. This enrollment will have full access to the main KU campus extracurricular activities including...Kansas Men's Basketball.. This seems so unbelievable but with what we saw Kansas do with Snoop Dogg, nothing would surprise me of what they consider ethical.
Wouldn’t surprise me in the least.

randomfan44

May 30, 2015
You should have stopped at "from a KState fan". That's ridiculous.

• Agree
Reactions: Statefan10 and GTO

randomfan44

May 30, 2015
All fan bases have certain members that are totally clueless.
Agreed. But treating a rumor about Kansas that you hear from a Kansas State fan as anything more than silliness is not wise. And rumor doesn't even make sense logistically.

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
Agreed. But treating a rumor about Kansas that you hear from a Kansas State fan as anything more than silliness is not wise. And rumor doesn't even make sense logistically.
Neither did Perry Ellis getting 17 years of eligibility but, hey, here we are.

• Funny
Reactions: LincolnSwinger

Hoggins

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 2, 2019
Cali bill isn’t a law until 2023 so no

ArgentCy

Jan 13, 2010
Cali bill isn’t a law until 2023 so no

Sure its a possibility. The NCAA can't stick around in it's current form. This California law isn't a shot across the bow but an ICBM locked on target. Still won't help with what has happened in the past but I'm afraid KU isn't going to face that much in sanctions because the NCAA crumbles.

Hoggins

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 2, 2019
Sure its a possibility. The NCAA can't stick around in it's current form. This California law isn't a shot across the bow but an ICBM locked on target. Still won't help with what has happened in the past but I'm afraid KU isn't going to face that much in sanctions because the NCAA crumbles.

So you believe that second hand information on an Iowa State message board that the University of Kansas can legally claim a 2023 law in another state is retroactive to their activities from 2015-2017?

yea, you’re an idiot.

• Winner
Reactions: randomfan44

randomfan44

May 30, 2015
Well, OK. We'll just agree to disagree on pretty much all of this.