This 11/12/17 ranking looks like last week's ...

surly

May 16, 2013
reservation lake, mn
  1. OU - fried da frogs
  2. TCU - beat pokes earlier
  3. oSu - officially escaped Ames
  4. WVU - won ugly
  5. ISU - lost officially in Ames
  6. Texas - meh
  7. K-State - not good
  8. Tech - saving a king
  9. BU - better than jays
  10. Ku - better than SEMO

dirtyninety

Oct 6, 2012
Rematch with Frogs in conference championship game isn't going to be much of a TV draw.

This isn't going to be much of a TV draw period. This isn't going to be much of a stadium attendance draw either; it's going to look like a Jaguars versus 49er game in ATT&TJones stadium. This whole championship game idea is stupid....always has been....and it is all about television commercials.
What normal college football consumer is going to drive to Dallas knowing your team also has a bowl game in a few weeks?? Fly into Dallas? yeah, that's fun. I enjoy extra time around TSA employees. Sure, a few salespeople and realtors maybe. It's tax deductible!
This thing was concocted with the expectation that Tom Hermann will be going there a lot and some of the Tavern Texas fans will buy enough tickets to make it not embarassing and it will look ok on TV, with low angles hiding all the empty seats. They still get their Tom Steyer and Capitol One and Target commercials sold.

I got a secret to tell you: (shhhhh, don't tell anybody)...Alabama wins it all in the end!

surly

May 16, 2013
reservation lake, mn
Sargarin BIG 12
8. Oklahoma 8-1
11. Oklahoma State 7-2
12. TCU 8-1
21. Iowa State 6-3
23. Texas 4-5
33. West Virginia 6-3
35. Kansas State 5-4
44. Texas Tech 4-5
92. Baylor 1-8
157. Ku 1-8

Widest spread is between 9 and 10. Ku really needs to move to Big East.

andyokstate

Mar 5, 2013
I don't know. Attended a couple K-State championship games at Arrowhead. Stadium was packed as I recall. Lots of Sooner fans.

I loved watching Sproles run wild on OU in one of those games. Good stuff.

It was weird that in one Big 12 championship game, KSU blew the doors off of OU, and OU went to the MNC game. And in another, NU didn't even make it to the Big 12 championship game...and still went to the MNC game. Why the heck even play the CCG when you can get results like that?

Now we have the round robin format. I actually like the format - no team can hide from another team because of weak divisional alignments. At least when we had 12 teams, the champ game featured teams might not have played each other in the regular season. Of course, because of this current format, every team plays a grueling schedule. Definitely harder than any Big 10 or SEC team endures. We don't need another game.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron