Think we showed who was better last week!

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
He has not been "great" against everyone. He has been good, but not great. Was he "great" against Iowa, WSU, Texas?

We were literally talking about this year. Purdy has been great this year, Epenesa has been a disappointment. If we're talking about last year both were great last year

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
My fault. I mixed up my years. Thanks for the correction. So he has beat 1 top 10 team then that finish in the top 10.

So a senior QB has one top 10 win in his career and our sophomore QB doesn't is what your hanging your hat on?

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
they werent a top 10 team last year and it showed at the end of the year. He was a true freshman, but he has not won the huge games this year or last year yet. Now if he goes and beats OU or Texas with huge numbers sign me up. I think he is a great qb, perfect for the ISU system, but he is not a huge game changing qb yet IMO.
#12 West Virginia lost by 3 to Oklahoma to end the year last year. Had they won the game they would've been in the Big 12 title game. Their only losses on the year were to Iowa State, Okie State by 4, that OU game, and then the Syracuse bowl game where essentially their entire team sat out. Going into their bowl game, they were ranked higher than Mississippi State which you've brought up as some crown jewel. Lol

Thinker

Mar 31, 2017
We were literally talking about this year. Purdy has been great this year, Epenesa has been a disappointment. If we're talking about last year both were great last year

So Purdy has been great against Iowa and UNI? So averaging 275 with 1.5 TDs, a near loss and a loss with a fumble is great? That is pretty standard for a college QB.

Last edited:

Thinker

Mar 31, 2017
So a senior QB has one top 10 win in his career and our sophomore QB doesn't is what your hanging your hat on?

Do Heisman winners lack big wins? That is what I am hanging my hat on. Purdy has not had 1 yet, his time will come as the big 12 is down this year and he has 2 shots at it. Stanley is not even close to the conversation and has a top 10 win under his belt.

Thinker

Mar 31, 2017
#12 West Virginia lost by 3 to Oklahoma to end the year last year. Had they won the game they would've been in the Big 12 title game. Their only losses on the year were to Iowa State, Okie State by 4, that OU game, and then the Syracuse bowl game where essentially their entire team sat out. Going into their bowl game, they were ranked higher than Mississippi State which you've brought up as some crown jewel. Lol

No, lets not get mixed up here. I brought it up because it is a win against a ranked team out of conference. Purdy does not have one yet out of conference. and Stanley gets crucified daily on here as a pedestrian QB. Heck if ISU didnt crap the bed against UNI it would be 2 ranked wins against ranked teams out of conference.

Purdy has great numbers in the ISU system, but those have not generated the big wins yet. WVU did not win those games in your what if argument, and finished 20th in the AP.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Do Heisman winners lack big wins? That is what I am hanging my hat on. Purdy has not had 1 yet, his time will come as the big 12 is down this year and he has 2 shots at it. Stanley is not even close to the conversation and has a top 10 win under his belt.
In both Brock Purdy and Nate Stanley's careers, they both have two ranked victories.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
No, lets not get mixed up here. I brought it up because it is a win against a ranked team out of conference. Purdy does not have one yet out of conference. and Stanley gets crucified daily on here as a pedestrian QB. Heck if ISU didnt crap the bed against UNI it would be 2 ranked wins against ranked teams out of conference.

Purdy has great numbers in the ISU system, but those have not generated the big wins yet. WVU did not win those games in your what if argument, and finished 20th in the AP.
Last year, Kyler Murray and Will Grier didn't have wins against ranked teams outside of their conference? So that means they didn't have one good win right?

Thinker

Mar 31, 2017
Last year, Kyler Murray and Will Grier didn't have wins against ranked teams outside of their conference? So that means they didn't have one good win right?
Like I have said, Murray beat Texas (ranked 9th at the time). If Purdy beats OU or Texas then he will be in that category.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Ok? so he has beat 2 ranked teams, so he is Heisman category?
No but claiming he hasn't had one good win is asinine when he's only a sophomore and has as many ranked victory as Iowa's senior quarterback.

• Winner
Reactions: CyTwins

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Like I have said, Murray beat Texas (ranked 9th at the time). If Purdy beats OU or Texas then he will be in that category.
You don't technically have to beat a team to have a terrific game but I understand what you're saying.

Thinker

Mar 31, 2017
No but claiming he hasn't had one good win is asinine when he's only a sophomore and has as many ranked victory as Iowa's senior quarterback.
He has not had a great win IMO. One that sticks out. What about Stanley beating ISU the last 3 years? are those good wins? If ISU is on the rise and has had their best years ever, then those should also qualify as good wins. WVU is a good win, but not great.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny

If you want to say Purdy isn't a legit Heisman contender but is way better than Stanley I'll agree with you at this point

• Agree
Reactions: Statefan10

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
He has not had a great win IMO. One that sticks out. What about Stanley beating ISU the last 3 years? are those good wins? If ISU is on the rise and has had their best years ever, then those should also qualify as good wins. WVU is a good win, but not great.
Beating Iowa State are good wins! I'm not doubting that Stanley has had good wins my argument was that Purdy has so far had two good wins. When you get thrown into your first game on the road against the #24 ranked team in the country, that's a good win. Beating the #8 team in the nation literally the next week, is a great win. I don't care that they ended up #20 because they were ranked #7 in the nation 2 weeks after they played Iowa State.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron