Things to do in NYC

shagcarpetjesus

Apr 18, 2006
What does everybody have planned besides watching the Cyclones blow through Yankee Stadium? I scouted out the live music opportunities and here is what I found:

Phish - Madison Square Garden - Dec. 28, 29, 30, 31
Patti Smith - Bowery Ballroom - Dec. 29, 30, 31
Pitbull - Roseland Ballroom - Dec. 29
Particle - Gramercy Theatre - Dec. 29
Gogol Bordello - Terminal 5 - Dec. 30, 31
Assembly of Dust - Mercury Lounge - Dec. 30, 31
Gov't Mule - Beacon Theater - Dec. 30, 31
Chuck Berry - B.B. King Blues Club - Dec. 31
Los Lobos - New York City Winery - Dec. 31
Matt & Kim - Hammerstein Ballroom - Dec. 31

And my personal favorite....

33-atlg.jpg

?uestlove does a DJ set every Thursday night at an awesome venue called Brooklyn Bowl. Yes, it's part bowling alley & part live music venue. Anyway, tickets are $5 in advance and $8 at the door. Here's the description from Brooklyn Bowl's website:

American music legend ?uestlove is continuing his Thursday night residency at Brooklyn Bowl, accompanied by throwback Soul Train videos! His vinyl collection contains more than 50,000 records giving him the ability to tear up the dance floor with the most eclectic sets of hip-hop, house, 80’s, rare grooves and a mix of everything in between.

CapnCy

Jul 6, 2010
If you like stand up comedy, definitely check out The Comedy Cellar. This place is awesome. This is where all the names in comedy go to test material and it's a great setting. I went on my honeymoon to NYC and saw Greg Giraldo, Tom Papa, and Dave Attel in one show...for like $15? And most of the comedians go to the bar upstairs afterward. It's in the Greenwich Village. Check it out for sure.
Comedy Cellar

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron