Things Heard in the Stands - Kansas Edition

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

cb1030

Oct 6, 2017
I thought it would be fun to have a Kansas edition for this topic after the fun game last weekend.

"That was the worst game I've ever seen. Let's get the F out of here."

--60's-ish Kansas woman fan pulling her husband along the concourse while Sweet Caroline plays

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
I thought this past Saturday had the least number of KU fans in Hilton in at least the past 8 years or so. It was awesome.

I thought it was more than normal since we got good again.

huntt26

Apr 10, 2006
po' dUnk
I thought it would be fun to have a Kansas edition for this topic after the fun game last weekend.

"That was the worst game I've ever seen. Let's get the F out of here."

--60's-ish Kansas woman fan pulling her husband along the concourse while Sweet Caroline plays

Did she say 'F' or the full word?

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
I'll ditto less KU fans at the game than usual. Seemed like most years there were some pockets of blue in the upper deck were a group must have purchased them and maybe brought a bus or 2 in but this year it was pretty sprinkled around.

knowlesjam

Oct 21, 2012
Papillion, NE
Section 213...a smattering of KU blue...modestly cheering in the first half...quiet as church mice in the 2nd half.

Several made for the exit with about 8 minutes left...

Reactions: aauummm

Triggermv

Jul 16, 2010
Marion, IA
I would have used this last night if I was there sitting by a KU fan, but I sure loved yelling "needs more Addidas money" at the ISU-KU football game in Lawrence. Shoot, even a few KU fans at the game thought it was funny.

• Funny
Reactions: LindenCy

awd4cy

Dec 29, 2010
Central Iowa
Interesting that there were fewer KU fans. Hope their spoiled fans are bailing on the team, wouldnt mind tickets getting cheaper as I am planning on going to Lawrence in 2 weeks. I was there 2 years ago when we won, sure would enjoy another win!

Reactions: aauummm

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Obligatory Sec. 205 nosebleeds "BOX OUT!!!!" on long rebounds that our guys had absolutely no chance of getting. I swear my section has the lowest collective basketball IQ in Hilton.
There wasn't too many of those in 239. We couldn't get to hardly of those because they were long shots that basically bounced off the rim at least 20'.
ISU has never been some awesome rebounding team but the numbers in this game are really not how they appear because of our perimeter D.

• Agree
Reactions: HitItHard58

srjclone

Nov 17, 2014
Downtown Minneapolis
I get mad at long rebounds, but not at anyone on our team, I just remember how ****** that was as a player when you're working hard to box out your man and he grabs it off a bounce at 17 feet..

• Agree
Reactions: excytied