The WV lawsuits

Stormin

Apr 11, 2006
Agreed...

As far as I know, no OFFICIAL invites have been sent out from thr BE. I wouldn't expect any to go out until the WVU matter is settled. That way the BE can claim damages.

The Big 12 NEEDS a team for the 2012 schedule, and for the life of me, i can't understand why BYU isn't already in.

No BYU. The restrictions on Sunday games and other things make them a team that the Big 12 should not get. We can do better.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
I really think Houston, UCF, BSU and AFA would all be better off staying where they are and going ahead with the CUSA/MWC title game.

That game would be undefeated #4 vs. undefeated #13 right now.

Guess what, that's the 4th hottest thing going as far as conference championships go and it's not even close.

Big Ten, ACC and Big East can't even touch that.

Sit tight, you'll be in an 18-24 team mega league with a BCS bid soon enough. Panic and you'll be in weakened geographic league people say doesn't deserve the bid it got through a legacy.

I really don't see how it improves Boise State's chances. They get a BCS game all the time the way it is. Nobody is going to think a 12-0 team from the service academy league deserves to be in the NC game either.

I'd take the winner of 12-0 Boise State vs. 12-0 Houston EVERY DAY OF THE WEEK vs the the team who beat the service academies, Rutgers, Temple and Villanova.

Mizzoulander

Sep 28, 2011
Perhaps Mizzou has agreed to pay $28 million or so in exit fees and penalties. You stated earlier that exit fees were not an issue.

No deal in place yet regarding exit fees for TAMU or MU. TAMU pres. Loftin indicated both schools may negotiate together.

I'm still thinking the $10M to $20M range for each school.

Stormin

Apr 11, 2006
No deal in place yet regarding exit fees for TAMU or MU. TAMU pres. Loftin indicated both schools may negotiate together.

The Big 12 should hold out for the maximum. On what grounds should the exit fees be lowered?? The exit fees have been well known.

And I have been told that the amount of exit fees has NEVER been the issue.

Mizzoulander

Sep 28, 2011
The Big 12 should hold out for the maximum. On what grounds should the exit fees be lowered?? The exit fees have been well known.

And I have been told that the amount of exit fees has NEVER been the issue.

They're not. They haven't even been agreed upon yet, but clearly they're not stopping the SEC move.

"But (TAMU pres.) Loftin's feel for the pulse of the situation is strong enough that he suggested a mutual strategy to (MU Chancellor) Deaton in the event MU does go.

Referring to departure terms and fees and adding that the Big 12 twice has canceled meetings on that matter with A&M, he said, "Why have two separate negotiations going on at once? ... So I told Brady if you're going to do it, let's get our attorneys together and make sure that we have a common platform for discussions here with the Big 12 because it would make no sense for us to independently try to negotiate a settlement."

A&M sees parallels with Mizzou
And according to Mike DeArmond at the KC Star, MU has other plans for the money:
@sptwri Mike DeArmond
Also have been told to expect quick stadium upgrade in neighborhood of $30 million.

We can argue back and forth about whether the full exit fee amount should be paid, but I haven't read any source that says that it will. I'm still thinking it will be more than NU or CU, but not substantially so.

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
Yeah, a league of Uconn, Cincy, Louisville, Rutgers, South Florida, Navy, Air Force, Central Florida, Houston, Boise State and South Florida still has an AQ bid.

Oh and Louisville is publicly trying everything it can to get in the Big 12.

Oh and UCONN and Rutgers are publicly trying to get into the ACC.

Oh and BSU/AFA aren't concrete committed to Big East yet.

Oh and Big East is considering Temple and Villanova as future teams.

Army wasn't interested, if I remember correctly.

This thing is unfortunately still far from over and Missouri played a monumental part in the whole thing, specifically dragging it out in a way that might have elongated the whole process by a year or more.
MO wanted attention. :spinny:He has it.:confused: Center pivot on the irrigation system.:mad: Lawsuit Ground Zero.:v_SPIN:

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha

Just a down payment. We want more like $56M so we can begin to bond the south stands.

cytech

Apr 10, 2006
Hiawatha, Iowa
They're not. They haven't even been agreed upon yet, but clearly they're not stopping the SEC move.

"But (TAMU pres.) Loftin's feel for the pulse of the situation is strong enough that he suggested a mutual strategy to (MU Chancellor) Deaton in the event MU does go.

Referring to departure terms and fees and adding that the Big 12 twice has canceled meetings on that matter with A&M, he said, "Why have two separate negotiations going on at once? ... So I told Brady if you're going to do it, let's get our attorneys together and make sure that we have a common platform for discussions here with the Big 12 because it would make no sense for us to independently try to negotiate a settlement."

A&M sees parallels with Mizzou
And according to Mike DeArmond at the KC Star, MU has other plans for the money:
@sptwri Mike DeArmond
Also have been told to expect quick stadium upgrade in neighborhood of $30 million.

We can argue back and forth about whether the full exit fee amount should be paid, but I haven't read any source that says that it will. I'm still thinking it will be more than NU or CU, but not substantially so.

They kinda have been agreed upon. The penalty for leaving the conference on 1 year or less notice is 2 years of conference revenue. That would be this year then next years projected. Number likely to be between $20-$30 million. Now it can be negotiated down. I think that was done in both Colorado's and Nebraska's case.

Stormin

Apr 11, 2006
They kinda have been agreed upon. The penalty for leaving the conference on 1 year or less notice is 2 years of conference revenue. That would be this year then next years projected. Number likely to be between $20-$30 million. Now it can be negotiated down. I think that was done in both Colorado's and Nebraska's case.

No negotiating. Mizzou wants to leave, then pay the entire amount of exit fees. They knew the price when they decided they wanted to leave. The Big 12 needs to send the message that the fees for leaving on the 6 year agreement on TV rights to games for our remaining teams will not be negotiated.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron