The whole picture

CTTB78

Apr 7, 2006
I've accepted that this year will result in a one win, possibly two win season. I am no longer going to worry about how we play the rest of the year. Give the young guys all the play time they can get.

At this point the next date I'm looking forward to is December 1. If CPR does not unload Mess, and possibly 2-3 others, then I'll start worrying about next year too.

isufbcurt

Apr 21, 2006
Newton
So did Florida. And the difference between Florida and Georgia, 3 points.

Vandy has a good football team. The 5-4 record doesn't tell it all. 3 of their 4 losses were to BCS top 25 teams (MU, ATM, SC) and the 4th was on a late FG to Ole Miss (38-35).

Oh since you bring up Florida, they are another team with a rash of injuries that has under performed this year.

CysRage

Oct 18, 2009
I've accepted that this year will result in a one win, possibly two win season. I am no longer going to worry about how we play the rest of the year. Give the young guys all the play time they can get.

At this point the next date I'm looking forward to is December 1. If CPR does not unload Mess, and possibly 2-3 others, then I'll start worrying about next year too.
I really believe Mess is gone at the end of the year. Rhoads going on the record calling out offensive performance keeps increasing after each game. If he doesn't fire Mess then he fooled me and lost quite a bit of my trust in him.

Palmer

Jun 10, 2008
Johnston, IA
Oh since you bring up Florida, they are another team with a rash of injuries that has under performed this year.

...and a coach with his butt almost out the door.

I am not advocating that CPR should be fired....but this mess falls on him and deserves to be blasted.

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
Some of you sound like you are rooting for Paul to fail. You are probably of the same ilk that would have canned Earl Bruce before his 8-3 seasons or Dan McCarney before his 9-3 season. We hear ya, you've got all the answers.

Gary Pinkel has a saying, "winning is hard". He would know because he's done plenty of losing. Good thing Mizzu didn't listen to guys like you!

It is just that Fred already has his first win and will surpass Paul on Tuesday. I did not know we did not know how to get to the red zone this year.

FootballinTexas

Aug 2, 2009

You could say that about 90% of college football. Florida has still found a way to win some games. Missouri lost their 3rd year starting QB but is still 9-1 (5-1 since he got hurt) Like I said, if you have a good football program, next man in.

joefrog

Apr 29, 2008
Clive, Iowa
So please explain how injuries cost us the UNI and Iowa games. And made us look like absolute garbage in our bowl games with weeks of practice.

Injuries do not cover up the fact that ISU's offenses have been horrible under CPR. We had 3 real offensive points against a below average TCU team on our field for homecoming. Unacceptable.

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
So please explain how injuries cost us the UNI and Iowa games. And made us look like absolute garbage in our bowl games with weeks of practice.

Injuries do not cover up the fact that ISU's offenses have been horrible under CPR. We had 3 real offensive points against a below average TCU team on our field for homecoming. Unacceptable.

We were not ready to start the season. We did not train up the troops enough for the bowl game last year either. We lost all momentum in development.

Londo

Apr 22, 2013
Wisconsin

You do realize that UNI Farniok left before half and Richardson got his original ankle injury in this game? Not an excuse at all but injuries were not a non factor

Londo

Apr 22, 2013
Wisconsin
If you have offensive problems like we do, I don't care if you are the 85 Bears, the defense will give up more points. Did UNI score 28 points? Yes. Should we be able to score more than that against a UNI team every year? Definitely.

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
I've never had the same certainty about this statement - who says that if Rhoads had had, say, a couple of 10-2, 9-3 seasons he wouldn't have accepted a tempting offer from another school?
We have never won ten. I would let him go to coaching heaven with another school gladly if we could have one ten win season. 1980 USA olympics hockey team and then us. Comrades in great upsets.

isu81

Mar 6, 2013
If you have offensive problems like we do, I don't care if you are the 85 Bears, the defense will give up more points. Did UNI score 28 points? Yes. Should we be able to score more than that against a UNI team every year? Definitely.

UNI ran all over us in that game, as did Iowa the following week. You can blame the offense for the defense and I get the concept and all, but we were overmatched and unprepared for these two games on both sides of the ball. The blitzkrieg that happened starting with Texas Tech was going to happen, injuries or not. May have pulled out the TCU game with a full lineup.

isu81

Mar 6, 2013
We have never won ten. I would let him go to coaching heaven with another school gladly if we could have one ten win season. 1980 USA olympics hockey team and then us. Comrades in great upsets.

Agreed. Give me one of these seasons and I am happy for a LONG time.

dmclone

Oct 20, 2006
I can't believe the program is at a point where people have to make excuses for losing to a bad UNI team. I was hoping we'd never get back to that point.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron