The West Virginia game is HUGE

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

CyCloned

Oct 18, 2006
Robins, Iowa
could be trouble brewing:

One week after a home game against Oklahoma was postponed due to COVID-19 issues for the Sooners, West Virginia football is dealing with an isolated number of players affected by positive tests and contact tracing before Saturday's game on the road against No. 12 Iowa State.

However, an athletic department spokesperson said the team is "not at this time" concerned about postponing or cancelling the game against the Cyclones. That's a temporary condition, though, because WVU has more testing to conduct before traveling to Iowa tomorrow. The Mountaineers haven't played since winning at home against TCU on Nov. 14.

Big 12 teams test three times a week, and a source said Wednesday's tests produced the results that will affect Saturday's travel roster. More players are sidelined by contact tracing than by positive tests, and a source said the two-deep will be missing two players on offense and one on defense, though other players who don't normally play or travel are also unavailable due to a positive test or contact tracing. The offense could use all the help it can get against the Cyclones (7-2, 7-1 Big 12), who have won back-to-back games against the Mountaineers and allowed fewer than 200 yards of offense in both games.

Surprised by how well we have handled WVU the past couple years.

• Informative
Reactions: RogerQC and nrg4isu

MartyFine

Jul 7, 2009
Warren Co., IA

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there

Our favorite friends at espn think wvu is a trap game and are predicting we lose. *Facepalm*

It should be a tough game, they are really good on defense but the game being at home makes me not worry for some reason. I'd be worried if it were in M'town though.

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
  • Winner
Reactions: motorcy90

BWRhasnoAC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2013
Dez Moy Nez

Our favorite friends at espn think wvu is a trap game and are predicting we lose. *Facepalm*
Ya, I was taking with one of my bosses who is a hawk and he said the same thing, then again he argued with me about whether Ohio State should be ranked like they are, so.........

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
could be trouble brewing:

One week after a home game against Oklahoma was postponed due to COVID-19 issues for the Sooners, West Virginia football is dealing with an isolated number of players affected by positive tests and contact tracing before Saturday's game on the road against No. 12 Iowa State.

However, an athletic department spokesperson said the team is "not at this time" concerned about postponing or cancelling the game against the Cyclones. That's a temporary condition, though, because WVU has more testing to conduct before traveling to Iowa tomorrow. The Mountaineers haven't played since winning at home against TCU on Nov. 14.

Big 12 teams test three times a week, and a source said Wednesday's tests produced the results that will affect Saturday's travel roster. More players are sidelined by contact tracing than by positive tests, and a source said the two-deep will be missing two players on offense and one on defense, though other players who don't normally play or travel are also unavailable due to a positive test or contact tracing. The offense could use all the help it can get against the Cyclones (7-2, 7-1 Big 12), who have won back-to-back games against the Mountaineers and allowed fewer than 200 yards of offense in both games.

Surprised by how well we have handled WVU the past couple years.

On one hand, if WVU had to cancel it'd lock us into the championship game with 1 loss because WVU has already filled their schedule for next week.

On the other hand, it would also mean having 2 empty weekends before the big 12 championship game.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
On one hand, if WVU had to cancel it'd lock us into the championship game with 1 loss because WVU has already filled their schedule for next week.

On the other hand, it would also mean having 2 empty weekends before the big 12 championship game.

Time to rest and heal up for some players too though.

CyCloned

Oct 18, 2006
Robins, Iowa
West Virginia is 5th in the country in total defense. Not going to be easy.

They also have not played the best two teams in the league, so that can certainly skew those numbers. They may also be short handed. If the Sills brothers can't play they are a whole different team on defense.

IASTATE07

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 30, 2016
Seems like a lot of overconfident people thinking we have no problem with wvu

I am not predicting it, but this season could go sideways if we don't take care of business Saturday. These last 3 games will be tough.

• Agree
Reactions: BigCyFan

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
Eh, coming in when we'd have only 1 loss and are 99% in even if we lost to WVU isnt really backing in.

I'm on record as being somewhat concerned about the 1% (which I don't really think is actually 1%) chance that we don't get in. Hell, I think the only sure thing is Texas over Kansas and I'm not convinced that game will happen.

But....I really want to be in Jack Trice on Saturday, so I guess I hope we play ;)

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron