The Undefeated on ESPN - Iowa Football PR Nightmare

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Prone2Clone

Oct 20, 2006
All these rewards and protection for a coach who gets rolled 42-3 in a conference title game that his team backed into in the first place and then loses to Kentucky...perennial SEC power Kentucky...in a bowl game. No comprende.

CyLyte2

Dec 3, 2020
As much as I like watching the University of Iowa eat their own and thrash about, this story isn’t a story. A bunch of malcontents who didn’t make the NFL used the current political climate to try and get revenge on Ferentz. Expecting kids to be respectful and behave and be good people isn’t racist. Ferentz’ mistake was recruiting bad character in the name of “talent”. Matt Campbell has specifically stayed away from that and that’s why we’ve improved so much.

aauummm

March is National Celery Month
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2007
I get around

Oh boy. This is bad PR for Iowa football off the espn home page.

It is time to start taking their lunch on the instate football recruiting. Imming, McLaughlin, and Deyo this year was a great start to that. It needs to continue.

Not only is Kirk getting really old, the national media is starting to circle the wagons on him getting fired. Good for us I believe.
Somewhere CyTwins is smiling at this.

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
I wouldn't say nothing happened. Ever since that all came out Iowa has had a really hard time recruiting AA's. But yeah it feels like things should have went much farther than that.
They secured the #1 recruit in the state, who just so happens to be AA. Much to the chagrin of every Cyclone fan on this site.

Carlisle Clone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 2, 2019
Iowa has set the media precedent by banning and pulling credentials for those that write stories they dont approve of or go against Capt Smirk. We have seen this on the basketball side of things too. Media trashing by the coaches sets the tone and bullies reporters into avoiding such topics to hurt the school.

Think about working for the state paper and you write a story that gets just you banned from media coverage. You think that newspaper is going to reassign you? Maybe. Chances are you are looking for a new job.

FarminCy

Nov 14, 2009
Nowhere and Everywhere
As much as I like watching the University of Iowa eat their own and thrash about, this story isn’t a story. A bunch of malcontents who didn’t make the NFL used the current political climate to try and get revenge on Ferentz. Expecting kids to be respectful and behave and be good people isn’t racist. Ferentz’ mistake was recruiting bad character in the name of “talent”. Matt Campbell has specifically stayed away from that and that’s why we’ve improved so much.

I personally know a few that stepped forward and even mentioned in the article. You could not be more wrong.

jmb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 12, 2006
This started with a guy that is playing for the Bears. It may help to know before you opine.

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there
All these rewards and protection for a coach who gets rolled 42-3 in a conference title game that his team backed into in the first place and then loses to Kentucky...perennial SEC power Kentucky...in a bowl game. No comprende.

They have doubled down on the blind homerism for Kirk in the last 5 years. Our success eats at them, they can't handle it and will ignore anything as long as they can stay a step ahead of us. As long as he beats ISU he won't feel any pressure.

cycloner29

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
The media in Iowa will either ignore the story or slant it toward their chosen one, however this is not unique to this state this is how the media in general rolls anymore.

Iowa media:

W8rH.gif

• Funny
Reactions: aauummm and GTO

CascadeClone

Oct 24, 2009
The Nixon-Clinton playbook "DENY DENY DENY" is in full force.

I have Hawk fan friends that are educated folks that work for large corporations with modern HR policies. Good men I have known for years, grew up with a few of them even. They know full well if this happened at their employer, people would be summarily fired, and investigations and corrective actions would not be conducted by the ACCUSED MANAGER.

But they absolutely believe all this racism stuff is just a couple malcontent players, blown out of proportion, and totally not a real issue. Most of them thing Doyle was a jerk but just the fall guy. They won't even talk about it, they believe its fake.

Maybe if the local media had reported it more, or god forbid, investigated it rather than repeating the Iowa AD talking points like Pravda, they would have a different opinion.

Carnegie

Jul 10, 2019

I get what you are saying, but U of I strength coach would not have been fired if there was nothing to the allegations.

cycloner29

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
That article/writer calls KF out for what he is: a dictator, a control freak, a stuck in the mud old timer who refuses to change, and a master of nepotism. It says what every journalist in Iowa SHOULD be saying, but is too coward to write.

Hey @MyNameEhJeff guess you better berate all the the other posters on this thread along with the writer of the article for calling KKKirk out.

• Dumb
Reactions: MyNameEhJeff
Status
Not open for further replies.